Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Oct 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
sixpence18
Serious Dibber

Mobile We have 1 day at Disney Tokyo - which park?

I am putting our schedule for our Japan visit. We will have 1 day before we go home where we can visit Tokyo Disney. Which park should we visit and why? (Or is it even possible to enjoy both in 1 day, I dont want to rush!)
sixpence18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
tka
slightly serious Dibber

tka's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3
we've researched and decided Disney Sea as there's no other park like it
Old 3 Oct 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sixpence18
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Ok thanks! I was thinking the same
sixpence18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Disney Sea definitely - it's extremely well themed and well done, and unlike any other Disney park. Disneyland, while still pretty amazing with some very good rides, is very similar to the other Disney castle parks.

I'm not sure you can visit both in 1 day, seemed to recall that park hopping was only possible on multi-day tickets and even then only from the 3rd day onwards. I might be wrong though or things might have changed. In any case, the parks are big enough that you can easily spend the entire day in either park!
Old 3 Oct 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Ben1993
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

You can't park hop on a single day ticket so it will have to be 1, I would 100% go with DisneySea, it's the best park in the world!

The only thing that could sway me to suggest Tokyo Disneyland instead would be if you were visiting after April next year, when the new beauty and the Beast ride opens, as that looks to be a phenomenal ride.
Old 3 Oct 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

We were there this year and had one day allocated also. We chose Disneysea and had no regrets. Its a great day out and there was no way we were going to go to the Disneyland park when something different was on offer.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

Disneysea. Get there for opening time though.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
martha
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

As everyone has already said DisneySea. Both amazing but theres only one DisneySea!
Old 6 Oct 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

I would do Disneysea, given how different it is to any other park, although the Pooh ride in Disneyland is brilliant.

If youre getting into Tokyo the previous afternoon, consider if you could buy an after 6 ticket on the night for at least a few hours at Disneyland. We did this when we went (we had two day tickets already but I fancied extra time).
Wordsworths Index: all food & trip reports
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List