Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 7 Oct 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Not sure how annual pass holders will benefit, as it says "All of your photos and videos viewable in your Disney account at the time of purchase will be loaded onto the drive, making it easy to store and share your memories."; so if you're visiting multiple times a year, you would need to buy multiple USB's or still resort to downloading? I don't see them topping up an existing USB with new photos? and if you are only getting the USB at the end of the year, you could have potentially lost some images from earlier in the year from a previous trip as they'd not been saved within the normal 45 days? (or do they not expire for pass holders?)
No they don't expire for Annual Passholders. Well they do but they last a year so if you keep renewing the pass you can end up with hundreds and hundreds of photos on MDE.

I have so many I am fed up with them. I used to E Mail the photo pass Guys and they used to delete them all for me. The last time I asked I had a snotty response back. So I sent a snotty one back to them!

It takes forever to delete them as there is no select all then delete process.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 02:10 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
lovewdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by animal 1970 View Post
I want one of these when I go next year how do I go about getting one do I have to wait until my memory maker is activated
Why would you want to buy one before, all you'd get is an empty, expensive USB stick?
lovewdw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by wanye View Post
i agree that for the amount they are charging they could provide a usb stick with multiple sockets/adapters, but its not exactly difficult/expensive to get an adapter cable

amazon/Anker-Adapt...nguag e=en_GB

everyone i know with a usb-c only MBP has some sort of adapter/hub they use with it, so as reasons go, its not a great one

(but i see your point. for the same money you could get multiple 128gb sticks and have several backups of the photos you download from the site)
Two new MBPs and a new MBA in this house and not a single adapter anywhere.

We must be doing something right/wrong.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Disneycraft View Post
Does this mean no more rushing to order prints before a deadline ? Hope so because I hate that
Well instead you'll have to order the USB stick before the deadline. Then print the photo out yourself when you receive the USB stick.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 05:30 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
So, rather than downloading the photos at home yourself and then copying them onto a USB stick you can pay Disney $35 + postage to do it for you?

I've got to applaud Disney's money-making schemes.

Still, I guess there are plenty of people who pay for the convenience.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by animal 1970 View Post
I want one of these when I go next year how do I go about getting one do I have to wait until my memory maker is activated
You order it at the end of your holiday or just after your holiday whilst all the photos are still in your photopass account.

I think you'll order it from here:

disneyworld.disney.go/photopass/

You can also order other things like phone cases, mugs, photobooks, etc using your photos in your photopass account.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 7 Oct 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
So, rather than downloading the photos at home yourself and then copying them onto a USB stick you can pay Disney $35 + postage to do it for you?

I've got to applaud Disney's money-making schemes.

Still, I guess there are plenty of people who pay for the convenience.
If you have as many photos as us it is actually a bargain. It takes ages to download them all.
Old 7 Oct 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
If you have as many photos as us it is actually a bargain. It takes ages to download them all.
Do you not just download them in bulk? Should be a couple of clicks and leave them to download.

Every time I've ever downloaded photopass/memory maker photos, it does them all in one go and breaks a number of photos into a zip file (our last trip was ~1000 photos and it split them across 15 zip files).
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Ordered. Will be interesting if it’s readable only and how much memory it has. Hopefully I can add my own photos to it.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Fra
Trying for More Ears

I don't mean to sound horrible but why would anyone want or need this in 2019?
Fra is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List