Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 12 Oct 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile Iona cabin question

We’ve booked the Iona for the Fjords next September. I booked a Select price rather than an early saver because it said choice of cabin. But now I’m confused because on the cruise personaliser it only says cabin guaranteed. Can anyone explain this. We've only been on the Dream before so relatively new to cruising.
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 04:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Mobile

Across the cruising industry a guarantee cabin means that the cabin will be assigned by the cruise line. On the two occasions we have booked a guarantee cabin we eventually received an upgrade (inside to ocean view).
It does seem odd that having paid the additional Select ‘premium’ you are not able to choose a specific cabin. It might be that cabin numbering is a little flexible until nearer the launch date. Have you spoken to P&O?
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Did you book online by any chance, I think P&O’s website is terrible. I’ve done a couple of dummy bookings on there and it always seems to revert to guaranteed cabin even when I’ve selected a select price.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by stecee View Post
Did you book online by any chance, I think P&O’s website is terrible. I’ve done a couple of dummy bookings on there and it always seems to revert to guaranteed cabin even when I’ve selected a select price.
Yes I did do it online. I think I might have to give them a call.
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
JSP
Imagineer

This happened to us, we booked the fjords for September 2020 too and had to phone to choose our cabin as it said it would be allocated on arrival, despite paying select. It was easily sorted out though

Edited at 07:33 PM.
JSP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List