Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 18 Oct 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I think the holiday you are planning is pretty much impossible especially with a tired 3 year old.

You will all be shattered and will enjoy none of it if you follow your plan.
I really would forget about Miami, Clearwater, Universal and the Everglades.
I wonder what ticket you have purchased ? If you have a 14 day Disney ticket and you are only going to each park once you really are not getting good value. With a 3 year old i would look at 3 shorter days in Magic Kingdom, maybe look around a mall later in the day.
Don't see the point in a zoo when you have tickets to Animal Kingdom or Legoland when you have tickets for Magic Kingdom. There will be very little your child will be able to do in Universal so you will each be doing rides alone while the other one waits with the little one.

Sorry for sounding negative. Look at the busy day guide on here, book your fastpasses and enjoy ! Save the rest for next time !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I'd consider hiring a car for more than a couple of days. I'd forget Miami altogether, unless you are sure you'll never be back. A later trip you could fly into Miami and see it then. If you had a car, you'd be able to make better use of your hopper tickets, by doing a park, then a couple of hours at a water park (some might argue, but I'd see that as a sort of rest), than a different park in the evening, (Don't forget all the evening shows). You'd be able to store your swimming stuff in the car.

I'd also consider taking a buggy with sunshade for the wee one. A perfect rest place without having to go back to your hotel. We tend to do shops in the evening as they are open late and it's a but cooler.

Lastly - Thanksgiving and Black Friday. Yes likely to be busy but you can stay away from the shops. Make sure you have a dinner or lunch reservation somewhere on Thanksgiving, and although Epcot is a fine idea, Watch out for parties of folk drinking and being loud in World Showcase in the evenings, since it's a holiday.
Old 18 Oct 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Shaz313
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Thanks everyone I’m really not excited anymore lol I don’t want to do the parks on the weekends as their busier and also I have the 14 day tickets for Disney as it wasn’t much cheaper than the 7 days one. And yes under estimated the size of parks ect I really did want to do at least one beach especially south beach
Shaz313 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Shaz313
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Oh and I really want to go universal because I love Harry Potter not too fussed if I don’t get to go on a lot of rides there either. I wish I booked it for longer but want to stay on budget. And still not sure about transportation
Shaz313 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsjacksparrow
slightly serious Dibber

Hi and Welcome

I agree with others and think you'd be better sticking with mainly Disney for this trip. I'd only add universal to this if you absolutely couldn't go without!

Don't forget to factor the heat into the equation for you and your little one. It could still be warm and humid at that time of year and that will sap energy.

Add a water park to your itinerary and take it all a bit easier, honestly, you'll all enjoy your trip much more if you do!
mrsjacksparrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Shaz313
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Okay, I will def add a water park. How’s shopping there wanted to buy some clothes for little one and some ugg boots and vans for myself make up ect. I did my research quite a bit but I really feel like I should have booked it from the first week of December instead of landing on the 26th as I’m reading the parks will be so busy so I don’t want to go if it’s so so congested I’m going to defo take my britax holiday stroller with me and what rides do you guys recommend for the little one in each park? I’ve looked at the park calendar things online which show the rating of how busy it is and magic kingdom is a 9 on the 27th of November LOL!. Also what does everyone think of mickeys Christmas party? I’m just mainly going to try and do all the toddler rides my daughter is quite tall for her age too. I have my Disney ticket card things will link to the app later and do fast passes. Do I have to link separate cards to separate accounts ?
Old 19 Oct 19, 06:08 AM  
Link to this Post

I agree with others, that the plan needs a rethink. It is quite a short trip and twelve days is not long enough to do all the things you have planned. Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios are parks we would visit several times each trip. We would also go to Epcot at least once, you have missed it altogether.

I think your plan is wasting the Disney tickets, especially in view of the dates, a single visit to MK the day before Thanksgiving could be disappointing. I also do not think one day is long enough for a first time visit to Universal for a Harry Potter fan.

We are huge HP fans and so I understand why you would not want to drop it altogether, but I would drop Miami, Legoland and Wintergarden. With the weak pound against the dollar, I wouldn't be too fussed about shopping either, maybe go for a half day after a park on one of the busier park days.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
You are trying to do an awful lot , the parks are so much bigger than you think .Even the day you arrive you have stuff planned . Take a minute to cut a few things out.
I'm a pretty hardened Florida goer (38 times) and I wouldn't do anything more than a swim on arrival. Bearing in mind you will be up from probably 7am or earlier and won't get out of mco until at least 1 he after arrival , by the time you get to the hotel and check in, unpack etc it will be almost midnight our time .
Next morning you will probably be wide awake at 4am, so by lunchtime you are starting to burn out.
This is not alway the case. When we arrived in June we found the villa eventually so was quite late orlando time. Had a dip in the pool,shower and got dressed. Went to Panda Express for dinner,got donuts from Krispy Kreme then went to publix for some bits. Was fine but this was cos both my kids had a good nap on the plane and short one in the car. After this kids and hubby crashed into beds, I was shattered by that point too but I had to unpack.
So it can be done. You will be shattered though and you’ll probably be up early next morning. We were. We always have a rest day after our arrival day and although my kids are really good at being on the go it was definitely nicer for us on the slow days that we did half Disney and half rest days but that’s just us.

Clearwater is nice. My kids didn’t like it though. We took only armbands which they are good with in a pool but they really needed rubber rings for the sea. They didn’t like it cos it was salty

Never been to legoland so no idea about that.
We also decided not to do universal due to my kids heights and that they wouldn’t really get all the theming. Disney they understand and my 3 year old especially won’t stop talking about going back. My 5 year old just says next time and she has a list of stuff she wants to do.

We go in May ‘20 and I’ll bet it will be the same for us the first day, it’s gonna be Wendy’s for dinner this time though I know that then a few bits from the shop. Milk and cereal especially
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Shaz how tall is your 3yr old and what’s her thrill/scare limit is what you really need to know.
My eldest at 3 could have gone on loads at Disney but my youngest is so short that we missed a lot this year as a family and I am hoping praying that she grows 2in in 11months so that littlest doesn’t miss out again.
There is loads to do. It’s so easy to underestimate Disney.
We absolutely hammered the first Disney day we had which was magic kingdom and we tried to get on as much as possible. We did about 11 attractions I think between 9-6 and neither of my kids had a nap until they got in the car it was by far the most exhausting day and it was nicer the days we weren’t rushing but I know we missed at least 6 attractions as we did these on two other occasions when we came back. We didn’t get to meet every character and we missed the majority of the shows/parade that I wanted to watch and this was just in one park.

I’m a Harry Potter fan too but I wouldn’t go to universal. I’m going to wait till the kids are old enough, watch all the films and then go.

Just to give you an idea. This is what attractions we managed. We went 9 times to these parks. Not all day, most were either 9-3 or afternoon for least 4 hours.
We only managed mk,Hollywood and ak night shows. No parades or other shows unfortunately. We were there for three weeks.
Did do water parks. My kids loved blizzard beach. Only did 2-3 hours max and then usually a park in evening those days.

Edited at 08:02 AM.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Shaz313
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Shaz how tall is your 3yr old and what’s her thrill/scare limit is what you really need to know.
My eldest at 3 could have gone on loads at Disney but my youngest is so short that we missed a lot this year as a family and I am hoping praying that she grows 2in in 11months so that littlest doesn’t miss out again.
There is loads to do. It’s so easy to underestimate Disney.
We absolutely hammered the first Disney day we had which was magic kingdom and we tried to get on as much as possible. We did about 11 attractions I think between 9-6 and neither of my kids had a nap until they got in the car it was by far the most exhausting day and it was nicer the days we weren’t rushing but I know we missed at least 6 attractions as we did these on two other occasions when we came back. We didn’t get to meet every character and we missed the majority of the shows/parade that I wanted to watch and this was just in one park.

I’m a Harry Potter fan too but I wouldn’t go to universal. I’m going to wait till the kids are old enough, watch all the films and then go.

Just to give you an idea. This is what attractions we managed. We went 9 times to these parks. Not all day, most were either 9-3 or afternoon for least 4 hours.
We only managed mk,Hollywood and ak night shows. No parades or other shows unfortunately. We were there for three weeks.
Did do water parks. My kids loved blizzard beach. Only did 2-3 hours max and then usually a park in evening those days.

Not sure how tall she is will find out for you later, but she is tall for her age she’s just under 3 she will be 3 on 21st of December lol but can’t be bothered to type she’s basically going to be 3. But her thrill/scare limit probably be a 3/4 out of 5. She likes rides but sometimes she doesn’t. I really under estimated how big the parks were 😂 was thinking I can do a park once each day. I will defo drop Legoland now, Clearwater and Miami I really did want to go Miami but will see how my holiday goes if I still want to go I can go for a day on the weekend before I leave. And I wish I booked this a week after thanksgiving now really didn’t realise. But I took her New York for a week last year she wasn’t too cranky she was fine with the days and napping ect and we was out from morning till late afternoon she just didn’t like the cold weather. And like you said about napping on plane and car journeys she does that so that be good. I’m looking do to a water park on my first day and then go magic kingdom or vice versa. I booked it last min as thought might aswell go before is she 3 and I need to pay for a ticket for her to but next time I do go in future I will book a year in advanced and stay on site. I’m just stuck now about to rent a car or just do Uber and spending money.