Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Oct 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Good luck, wishing you the very best. xx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Working within a school is certainly useful when you have school age children. I do believe it can be easier to get a position if you are already there/known.
Volunteer in a school office or as a teaching assistant, show your worth and make it known that you are looking for paid work. Plus the experience looks good on your CV
Good luck x x
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Sending you hugs and lots of luck. I am on the other side of the fence, trying to employ new staff with no luck. It's so frustrating 😪
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Working within a school is certainly useful when you have school age children. I do believe it can be easier to get a position if you are already there/known.
Volunteer in a school office or as a teaching assistant, show your worth and make it known that you are looking for paid work. Plus the experience looks good on your CV
Good luck x x
I agree with this, if you are looking at secondary schools, the role of exam invigilator is a good route in.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
Sending you hugs and lots of luck. I am on the other side of the fence, trying to employ new staff with no luck. It's so frustrating 😪
You don't happen to work in Lincs/Notts area do you?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by aitchieaitchie View Post
Unfortunately not 😪
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

I work in retail. I am over qualified for it but I applied for a 12 hour a week Xmas temp job.

The manager has 3 kids of his own and asked what I wanted. I said I needed to work between 8am - 5pm to fit around my kids (my DH often works away so I can’t rely on him to pick up and drop off although he does when he’s here)

And that’s what I got. I’ve gone up to 32 hours but if the kids have anything on (assembly etc) my boss tries his hardest to make sure I go and between DH and I, we haven’t missed anything.
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Sometimes (especially public sector roles) it is worth applying for full time roles and then trying to negotiate part time hours once you have secured a role.
Please don't do this! It takes an age to get recruitment sorted for the company I work for and once we choose the right person, it would cause merry bloomin hell to then have them say 'oh by the way, I'd like to be part time'. It's an awful thing to suggest the OP does.
Old 23 Oct 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by aitchieaitchie View Post
Have you thought about working for 111? If you can work unsocial hours and weekends? If you’re interested I can look for a link?

jobs.nhs.uk/xi/vacancy/?vac_ref=915800558

This is for Derby, but there’s bases in Leicester and Chesterfield...if that’s not too far... but also use the jobs.nhs.uk site to look for admin roles?
Good luck

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater

Edited at 02:46 PM.
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Look look at the Unis and colleges in your region. They're constantly looking for admin work and often have PT positions. Tend to be better with school holidays too.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List