Old 28 Oct 19, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
That's good to know so you can have them on a rolling contract as it were
Yes, that's how it works. So if you fancied a Christmas visit next year you could just let it roll on until it covered your Christmas dates. Think you need to give 1 months notice so be aware of when you cancel.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just out of interest. Do you put the monthly payment on a credit or debit card that doesnt charge non sterling fees like the post office card
I can imagine if its through you bank there would be additional non sterling transaction fees

Edited at 12:37 PM.
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Just out of interest. Do you put the mothly payment on a credit or debit card that doesnt charge non sterling fees like the post office card
I can imagine if its through you bank there would be additional non sterling transaction fees
It's linked to my PO credit card so the amount varies slightly each month depending on the exchange rate. Last time I did this, a good few years ago now, it was linked to my Fairfx card.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Great thank you.

Have now ordered universal Park AP to use 1 week nov 2019 and 2 weeks sept 2020

1x 2 park preferred pass and 1x 2 park power pass

it was £310.20 upfront and 11X monthly payments of £28.23 total £620 plus 1x parking of £19.50 = £639.50

with free parking after the first visit of £19.50 and 15% discounts on merchandise and food seem better value than a 2020 3 park Explorer ticket at £295 each total £590 plus 4 days parking £78 = £668

ok a don't get volcano bay but I save nearly £50 on my first visit and any other visits in the 12 months are free. whats not to like

Edited at 04:01 PM.
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

I have just received a reply to my flexpay question

We're currently passholders, we pay in full every year to renew

My question to flexpay was to know if, when I need to renew in january, I'd be able to switch to flexpay and pay monthly

their answer is abrupt : you can't change a paid in full AP to flexpay

they do advise that I let my AP run out, and then get a NEW ONE (full price and not renewal price) put a downpayment and then roll monthly

SURE UNIVERSAL ... I'm gonna pay $1350 for brand new APs instead of $1150 to renew them, just to be able to pay them monthly ... (that would only make a 15% more for the APs ... when flexpay is supposed to be 0% APR)

so basically, when you're a loyal passholder for years, and need to pay in installments because life is like and stuff happen ... you need to pay more for the same thing ...

what's the word they have ? ./... PASSHOLDER APPRECIATION DAYS

yup I do feel appreciated, thank you.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 04:01 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post

My question to flexpay was to know if, when I need to renew in january, I'd be able to switch to flexpay and pay monthly

they do advise that I let my AP run out, and then get a NEW ONE (full price and not renewal price) put a downpayment and then roll monthly

SURE UNIVERSAL ... I'm gonna pay $1350 for brand new APs instead of $1150 to renew them, just to be able to pay them monthly ... (that would only make a 15% more for the APs ... when flexpay is supposed to be 0% APR)

so basically, when you're a loyal passholder for years, and need to pay in installments because life is like and stuff happen ... you need to pay more for the same thing ...

Can you give them a ring and express your concerns. Sometimes just speaking to someone different helps
Old 31 Oct 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Can you give them a ring and express your concerns. Sometimes just speaking to someone different helps
I have shot a very strong email in return. I've had issues last year, and I spent a long time exchanging back and forth in emails, as well as in person at UNI. So that's one more "let down", and I've sure let them know
but, well, I won't go into any more details as it's not relevant to the topic at hand.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post

The thing is everyone on Flexpay pays the normal non-renewal price regardless how long they have been on it, so you are basically asking for something that nobody else gets- even if you have been on flexpay for years you are still paying the normal non renewal rate.

It's how they manage to say its 0% APR - it is in first year, but after that you are paying more to do flexpay.
Old 4 Nov 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
The thing is everyone on Flexpay pays the normal non-renewal price regardless how long they have been on it, so you are basically asking for something that nobody else gets- even if you have been on flexpay for years you are still paying the normal non renewal rate.

It's how they manage to say its 0% APR - it is in first year, but after that you are paying more to do flexpay.

oh, this sheds a different light on things

thanks for the clarification. Makes more sense now. :p :p :p
it's just the way Universal formulated their answer, without stating the flexpay renew price ,that has me fuming for a bit

thanks again
Old 19 Apr 20, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Sorry to jump on this old thread but I’m trying to understand, so if I wanted to go August 2021 and October 2022 for Halloween I could put a lump sum down ( do I just pick them up at universal after receiving an email confirmation) then start making the monthly payments then I can let the pass auto renew but cancel after a few months? So I can have the pass 14 months or have I got that completely wrong lol. And people just pay with a MasterCard? I have a starling account that don’t charge fees and MasterCard exchange rate. Thanks, bit confused.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List