Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 2 Nov 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaft88
Getting Excited

DisneyDaft88's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
MK After Hours

Decided to skip Christmas presents this year and instead bought ourselves tickets to MK After Hours for February 3rd

it’s the 1 park we feel we never get a decent amount of time in to do the things we want because it’s always so busy so we can’t wait! Anyone else planning on it or have any tips?

Another Disney experience ticked off the list!
DisneyDaft88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We had booked villains after hours a few days ago and called up today to change it so now going to the normal magic kingdom after hours. Never done it before and super excited! Staying offsite without disney passes so this will be our little disney fix for the trip!
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post

I booked the Villains one for April. They weren’t doing the regular ones when I booked, but I have done that anyway so am looking forward to villains.

My advice is to make sure you get dinner beforehand as there I don’t recall there being much available. We have the regular park tickets anyway so I have booked Cinderella’s Royal Table for dinner at 7:30pm, if you don’t have regular park tickets you might prefer to make the most of the first three hours pre the event.

Other than that. I can’t think of any particular
tips.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I've done the MK After Hours before and it's great! Pretty much almost every ride was a walk on (the main exception was 7DMT I believe), so I did every ride I wanted to do in MK in those 3 hours. And met a couple of characters too. Which meant that the only things left in MK for me to do were things like parades, fireworks, longer shows like Carousel of Progress and Tiki room, and things that aren't open at night like Tom Sawyer's Island.

In terms of tips... I second getting food before it, while there is unlimited drinks and ice creams it's more snack food than main meals. Also, 7DMT had the longest queues when I did it (around 20 minutes... which is not bad at all for 7DMT but not something I wanted to spend my After Hours time queuing for), so I just left it to the very end of the night and jumped in its queue right before park close, as they will let you enter the ride queue as long as the park hasn't yet closed. (The risk with this is that if the ride goes down or stops running early then this wouldn't work!)
Old 3 Nov 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

We did after hours last year, it was amazing, and quite quiet
Old 18 Nov 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaft88
Getting Excited

DisneyDaft88's Reviews
Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
I've done the MK After Hours before and it's great! Pretty much almost every ride was a walk on (the main exception was 7DMT I believe), so I did every ride I wanted to do in MK in those 3 hours. And met a couple of characters too. Which meant that the only things left in MK for me to do were things like parades, fireworks, longer shows like Carousel of Progress and Tiki room, and things that aren't open at night like Tom Sawyer's Island.

In terms of tips... I second getting food before it, while there is unlimited drinks and ice creams it's more snack food than main meals. Also, 7DMT had the longest queues when I did it (around 20 minutes... which is not bad at all for 7DMT but not something I wanted to spend my After Hours time queuing for), so I just left it to the very end of the night and jumped in its queue right before park close, as they will let you enter the ride queue as long as the park hasn't yet closed. (The risk with this is that if the ride goes down or stops running early then this wouldn't work!)
Thank you! Is every ride/attraction open (apart from the likes of tom sawyer) or is it only a select few?

We’re hoping to do;
Space mountain
7DMT
Barnstormer
BTMR
haunted mansion
Pirates of the Caribbean

I’d also love to get in tiki room if i have time and it’s open!
DisneyDaft88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We did 14 attractions in 2 hours and half hours and gave up due to my youngest falling asleep on my shoulders. Anyone with young children I would recommend doing it in your second week once your body clock has adjusted.

Still had a great time. The longest queues are for the popcorn and drinks.
Ils is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaft88
Getting Excited

DisneyDaft88's Reviews
Originally Posted by Ils View Post
We did 14 attractions in 2 hours and half hours and gave up due to my youngest falling asleep on my shoulders. Anyone with young children I would recommend doing it in your second week once your body clock has adjusted.

Still had a great time. The longest queues are for the popcorn and drinks.
That’s awesome! Its just us 2 (big) kids so we’ll be aiming for as much as we can before the park closes 😁
Old 20 Nov 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaft88 View Post
Thank you! Is every ride/attraction open (apart from the likes of tom sawyer) or is it only a select few?

We’re hoping to do;
Space mountain
7DMT
Barnstormer
BTMR
haunted mansion
Pirates of the Caribbean

I’d also love to get in tiki room if i have time and it’s open!
Looking at my notes from when I last did it February 2018, this is what I did during a DAH from 8pm-11pm:

Watched fireworks from Frontierland until around 8.15pm
BTM walk on
BTM again (and was told could stay in seat if there was no one waiting for the row I was in)
Splash
BTM
Pirates walk on
Jungle cruise
Flying carpets
Met Tinkerbell - only one family ahead of me in line
Met Mickey - no one in line besides me
Teacups
Dumbo (they were letting people stay on if they wanted to)
Met Ariel
Under the sea ride
Haunted Mansion
Peter Pan
Met Elena and Cinderella
7DMT

So that's a total of 13 rides and 4 meet and greets in the space of 3 hours!

I would recommend maybe not doing the Tiki Room during DAH though - you only have 3 hours, and the best use of that time is to do rides/meets that are short in duration but tend to have longer lines during the day. Whereas the Tiki Room (if it's open!) is longer in duration and usually has non-existent lines during the day, so you're not really getting a huge advantage by doing it during DAH and it will take up a good chunk of your limited DAH time. That being said it all depends on how you've planned out your DAH time and if you've managed to do everything else you want to do then go for it!
Old 21 Nov 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We did After Hours at MK on Monday, it was fantastic! We did 16 rides in the three hours (10pm to 1am), and probably could have done a couple more but we took time out for photos and resting sore feet! Our longest wait was Peter Pan at about 11pm, was five minutes. Seven Dwarfs advertised 20 mins till at least midnight, but people said it was more like 10 mins (I can't ride this one). All mountains walk on. Snack carts harder to locate, we found ones in Fantasyland, Liberty Square and Frontier Land. Some you had to ask for what you wanted, others you just picked it up. We left at 1.10am after picking up a drink at Starbucks Main St, buses were organised a little different but you were directed to where to get yours/which stand, and we waited about ten mins for the Caribbean Beach one and everyone got a seat.
Its a major expense but worth it to get an uncrowded experience, only if they keep it limited though!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List