Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 5 Nov 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Oh great news thanks Helen!

Posner park is such a gem esp when your staying in Champions Gate area.
Old 5 Nov 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Ciano View Post
Oh great news thanks Helen!

Posner park is such a gem esp when your staying in Champions Gate area.
We found a nice "detour" to Posner last April after having breakfast at First Watch in CG. Avoiding the US27 especially the busy bit around the I-4 interchange.

East on Ronald Reagan, south on Pine Tree Trail then west on Ernie Caldwell.

Mick
Old 5 Nov 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
Mobile

That sounds great Mick but I wouldn't have a clue even though we have stayed at CG now 5 times lol! This year we were in west haven so it was out turn left (think this was Ronald Regan!) straight up to lights. Left onto US 27 down to Bob's for brekkie and across to Posner for supplies!

We tried first watch a couple of times this year but it's no Bob's for us!
Old 5 Nov 19, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
That sounds great Mick but I wouldn't have a clue even though we have stayed at CG now 5 times lol! This year we were in west haven so it was out turn left (think this was Ronald Regan!) straight up to lights. Left onto US 27 down to Bob's for brekkie and across to Posner for supplies!

We tried first watch a couple of times this year but it's no Bob's for us!
Ashling

We always stay at Highgate Park which is a bit north of you on US27 not far from the US192 junction.

We regularly have breakfast at that Bob Evans or the Cracker Barrel a little further north on the opposite side of the road. If you're already out for breakfast at BE my route won't help because you're already at Posner but very occasionally we have breakfast at First Watch in CG town centre. So if at FW we turn left on RR (away from the 27) then down PTT and ECB.

We'll be back at Bobs for Thanksgiving dinner soon

Mick

Edited at 10:21 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Mick I use that route to go to champions gate if having breakfast at FW or eating in one of the other resturants have been know to use it to go up to the 192 depending where we are going
For years you never saw a soul on it
Also use it to go to the 17/92 if going to the Loop as our road comes out on a very fast bit of the 17 or you get stuck waiting for the train to go by
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Ashling

We always stay at Highgate Park which is a bit north of you on US27 not far from the US192 junction.

We regularly have breakfast at that Bob Evans or the Cracker Barrel a little further north on the opposite side of the road. If you're already out for breakfast at BE my route won't help because you're already at Posner but very occasionally we have breakfast at First Watch in CG town centre. So if at FW we turn left on RR (away from the 27) then down PTT and ECB.

We'll be back at Bobs for Thanksgiving dinner soon

Mick
Do you know Mick we have never been in it for dinner yet went most days for the brekkie! Would you recommend it for dinner?
Old 6 Nov 19, 03:17 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Mick I use that route to go to champions gate if having breakfast at FW or eating in one of the other resturants have been know to use it to go up to the 192 depending where we are going
For years you never saw a soul on it
Also use it to go to the 17/92 if going to the Loop as our road comes out on a very fast bit of the 17 or you get stuck waiting for the train to go by
Helen, I have been that way a few times as well. I find it surreal as the roads are so wide and empty. It looks to me like they have already planned for major future development.

I noticed the sign for Bath and Bodyworks today. My 13 year old was happy. We were wondering if they will put one in the empty Payless Shoes unit at Rolling Oaks too. It definitely appears there would be plenty of customers just on the Dibb.
Old 6 Nov 19, 03:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Donna unlike the other poster I've found Posner busy we've owned down this end 13 years never had a que in Dicks ( that was a night mare DH can do his own golf shopping in future the instructionsi need this a do hickey thing that goes on the end of his putter to get the ball out of the hole a putter cover like this golf gloves like this etc ) so in future he will be deposited in Dicks while I visit BBW and Michaels
I was 35 mins in the target quick que earlier somebody in front there prepaid card wouldn't work to,be fair my us debit card didn't either so
I had just enough cash on me they got $1/90 in 5 c and pennies I really have no shame if DHhad been there he'd say just leave it
Donna the first time I sent DS 1 his first time at the villa on his own with GF now wife I got
Mum where the flipping hell are you sending us she wants to go to the mall we don't use the I4 unless it's essential takes 20 mins offgoing to the Loop cross lands even the Florida malll for us now the road works to up grade the 17/92 are almost done
But still find it odd to come back to get on the 27 if we want Togo to the bank tax office or Ovation to see if it's busy if it is we use Winter Haven branch the Davenport one is rammed in snowbird season
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Do you know Mick we have never been in it for dinner yet went most days for the brekkie! Would you recommend it for dinner?
Ashling

We're lucky enough to go twice a year most years and recently stay for 4 weeks each time. We have dinner out maybe 90% of the time and it's difficult to go to a different restaurant every night.

Up until recently we ate mainly at the likes of Longhorn, Texas, Carrabba's, Bonefiish, Ovation and Red Lobster but now that we're both 73 don't seem to have the appetite for those every night so we've added the occasional Bob Evans, Culvers and Bamboo Wok take out to the mix.

BE is very good of its type. Turkey dinner or meat loaf etc with mash, veg and gravy. You could count on one hand the number of burgers we've had in Florida but Culvers is good and very fresh - their fish & chips and their ice cream is good as well.

We try and add a new one if we can every trip. In April it was Harry's Old Place at Winter Haven recommended by Helen (Gryff). Lakeside setting and two nice fish meals.

Mick
Old 6 Nov 19, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Ashling

We're lucky enough to go twice a year most years and recently stay for 4 weeks each time. We have dinner out maybe 90% of the time and it's difficult to go to a different restaurant every night.

Up until recently we ate mainly at the likes of Longhorn, Texas, Carrabba's, Bonefiish, Ovation and Red Lobster but now that we're both 73 don't seem to have the appetite for those every night so we've added the occasional Bob Evans, Culvers and Bamboo Wok take out to the mix.

BE is very good of its type. Turkey dinner or meat loaf etc with mash, veg and gravy. You could count on one hand the number of burgers we've had in Florida but Culvers is good and very fresh - their fish & chips and their ice cream is good as well.

We try and add a new one if we can every trip. In April it was Harry's Old Place at Winter Haven recommended by Helen (Gryff). Lakeside setting and two nice fish meals.

Mick
Excellent Mick have noted all that for upcoming trip. Much appreciated. Also, very jealous of you 2 x 4 weeks trips. Hope someday we are lucky enough to experience the same x

Edited at 11:25 PM.
Ciano is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List