Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 4 Nov 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile Has anyone sailed on the crown princess?

Hi everyone,

We are eyeing up a cruise on the crown princess next July, never been with princess before so wondered if anyone has an experience with them they would like to share.

I figure anything is better than MSC right? 😂
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Hudson
Imagineer

Our first cruise was with Princess and that got us hooked on cruises.
I haven't sailed on Crown but i am also interested in anyone's experience on this ship. We are contemplating a cheeky 10 night cruise over new year, providing the wife secures a new job before Christmas.
We have sailed on MSC in the Caribbean and to Bermuda on Divina and enjoyed both cruises.
Hudson is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Not sailed on Crown, but just back from my first Princess cruise on the Coral & Golden Princess ships and I had a fab time 😊

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

We’ve sailed on the Crown twice (Transatlantic 2017 & France/Spain 2018) with one to the North Cape booked for next June. We like that class of ship - I think it’s called the Grand class and have sailed on several sister ships, but they all have slight differences where certain bars, restaurants, etc are situated but they are all the same basic design. P&O Azura and Ventura are the same design.
Having been on 21 Princess cruises with two more booked, I guess it’s safe to say we like them. We like the food, entertainment and general atmosphere - being in our mid 60s we cruise outside of school holidays and don’t go for ships that are all singing and dancing with race tracks, climbing walls, zip lines, flow riders, etc - but like there to be good shows, live music and bars with a good atmosphere without rowdiness / drunken behaviour (I’ve never seen anyone drunk on a Princess ship).

Edited at 10:39 PM.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes, we sailed the Caribbean on her in December. I was worried we'd find her too small and old but we were really happy.

The entertainment in particular was fantastic, when you can remember the names of all the entertainment team months later you know they did a good job! The shows were very good, with Magic To Do ranking as one of my favorite at sea.

Some really diverse and interesting activities, we loved the stargazing at sea and the national geographic talks.

The food was great, a few misses in the MDR but mostly very good. The buffet isn't huge but what is there is good. Loved the poolside pizza place and grill! I had the non alcoholic drinks package which is fantastic value for sodas, mocktails and smoothies.

If I had to pick problems we found waits in the anytime dining room could be long if you hit it at the wrong time in the evening. We also didn't like our meal in the speciality restaurant Crown Grill which we got got free as part of our booking.

We would sail her again no problem. 100 million percent better than MSC.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We did the same TA as Omega - and we loved her.

Really nice ship, staff excellent, great food and dare I say it we met some awesome people

Id happily sail on her again!
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Yes, we sailed the Caribbean on her in December. I was worried we'd find her too small and old but we were really happy.

The entertainment in particular was fantastic, when you can remember the names of all the entertainment team months later you know they did a good job! The shows were very good, with Magic To Do ranking as one of my favorite at sea.

Some really diverse and interesting activities, we loved the stargazing at sea and the national geographic talks.

The food was great, a few misses in the MDR but mostly very good. The buffet isn't huge but what is there is good. Loved the poolside pizza place and grill! I had the non alcoholic drinks package which is fantastic value for sodas, mocktails and smoothies.

If I had to pick problems we found waits in the anytime dining room could be long if you hit it at the wrong time in the evening. We also didn't like our meal in the speciality restaurant Crown Grill which we got got free as part of our booking.

We would sail her again no problem. 100 million percent better than MSC.
I’ll settle for 5% better than MSC 😀

Sounds lovely and I’m sure we will book it soon.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
We did the same TA as Omega - and we loved her.

Really nice ship, staff excellent, great food and dare I say it we met some awesome people

Id happily sail on her again!
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List