Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Nov 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

BHF have rung to say they will collect on Saturday morning, but they were asking about the fire labels. I remember seeing the label but I didn't check if it was legible or too faded. And we aren't there all week now so I can't check. Hmm fingers crossed! We'll go Friday evening and I'll ring them to cancel if the label is no good.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
When my DD bought her first house the sellers (daughters of the man who had passed away) left his cat! They completely refused to do anything about it! They had been feeding it whilst selling the house but DD has a dog and couldn't have the cat

Luckily DD had a friend who took the cat but I still can't believe it was left for her to sort and I must admit I did give the sellers a piece of my mind as I did know who they were.
Oh my god what. Who does that. I'm mostly concerned with the welfare of the poor kitty- what if the new owners were so cold hearted they just chucked it out on the street?
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
When we moved into our last house the previous owners were opening up a Tea room in the village. All the pallets and boxes to do with deliveries to there was left in the garage. I gave them a week to remove or we would ask lawyer to get involved. Leaving rubbish, chairs or crap behind is unacceptable.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Glad BHF are coming for it. When we moved years ago, a huge metal safe (about 4 ft x 3ft) had been left behind in the outbuilding. We contacted our solicitor who informed us that they keep money back from the sale of the house for a short period and just arrange for a company to remove it and they would sort out payment. We are in Scotland so don’t know if things are different here.
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by laurad107 View Post
When we bought our house. The left a load of junk in the loft and not one but two sheds full of junk. Really annoyed me at the time. Couldn’t be bothered to fight over it. And gradually got rid of it.
This happened to us well over a couple of skip fulls but couldn't be bothered with the hassle.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

Can’t help legally, but if BHF won’t take it, put it on your local selling page - first to collect for free (or donation to your chosen charity) easy way to get rid of you don’t mind answering a few Facebook messages.
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

We just had a sofa collected by BHF over the weekend, it was great. We’d tried giving it away on FB but no one could collect it.

We also gave away a set of drawers on fb. I put a photo and description up and I had so many messages, it went instantly to a women who hired a man with a van to collect it. About half an hour after he’s collected it, she sent me a message saying “wasn’t it meant to be a wardrobe?”. So despite her commenting on a photo of it and me calling it drawers in my messages, she was expecting a wardrobe. After I write back that I was never selling a wardrobe she never wrote back. No thanks, no nothing.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Contact the solicitors and see what they can arrange. We had a smiler situation when we moved into our house except the Sellers had left the Entire second bedroom full of Furniture. In the end we had to get rid of it and didn’t want to waste money chasing it up.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
Contact the solicitors and see what they can arrange. We had a smiler situation when we moved into our house except the Sellers had left the Entire second bedroom full of Furniture. In the end we had to get rid of it and didn’t want to waste money chasing it up.
I would definitely be more angry if it was several pieces of furniture! The sellers even left a card and bottle of champagne for us so I honestly think they were trying to be nice, but they should have checked first if we wanted it! Apart from that they left the house clean and tidy and even left us loo roll.

After reading some of these others stories I'm thinking now we got off lightly with a sofa!

Edited at 08:12 PM.
Old 11 Nov 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
When my DD bought her first house the sellers (daughters of the man who had passed away) left his cat! They completely refused to do anything about it! They had been feeding it whilst selling the house but DD has a dog and couldn't have the cat

Luckily DD had a friend who took the cat but I still can't believe it was left for her to sort and I must admit I did give the sellers a piece of my mind as I did know who they were.
I know someone who inherited two cats the same way. Shocking isn't it.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List