Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Nov 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
jakepeacock
First POST

Jurassic World Ride

Hi,

Does anyone know if Universal Studios Orlando are opening a new Jurassic World ride?

I have seen one has recently opened at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Many Thanks!
jakepeacock is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

There wasn’t a new one opened at the Hollywood park it was a revamped version of the old ride it’s still very similar to what it was before, there are no plans to change the one at Orlando as there concentrating on building the new Jurassic coaster but mayb once it’s done and opened in 2021 they may turn there attention to the riverboat ride
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

New rollercoaster due to open next year.we got back on Saturday and you could see a lot of work going on.its rumoured to be a launch coaster designed by the same company who did cheetah hunt in Busch gardens and the new hagrids motorcycle adventure
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Is the new universal ride opening in 2020? I haven’t heard anything about this one.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
onetoescape
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
Is the new universal ride opening in 2020? I haven’t heard anything about this one.
For the new coaster Spring 2021 is what I heard for it.
onetoescape is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Fimble
Proud to wear my Ears

Well I'm happy to hear that they abandoned the plan of shutting down the Jurassic Park River ride for a redo, I didn't know they changed their minds. Thanks for that OrlandoGuy!

According to some articles from may this year, April 27th is being keyed as when building on the new raptor ride will stop, hopefully it's open around this time but take it with a pinch of salt.
Fimble is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
They're building it near the lake in front of the Jurassic Discovery Centre at the moment. It's a launched steel coaster, possibly with a velociraptor theme. Universal did submit a trademark for a "Velocicoaster", so that might be what it's called.

I'd heard it was rumoured to open in autumn 2020 as well as rumours of an early 2021 opening.

Universal hasn't announced anything about it yet. I don't think they've even officially confirmed its existence.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
They're building it near the lake in front of the Jurassic Discovery Centre at the moment. It's a launched steel coaster, possibly with a velociraptor theme. Universal did submit a trademark for a "Velocicoaster", so that might be what it's called.

I'd heard it was rumoured to open in autumn 2020 as well as rumours of an early 2021 opening.

Universal hasn't announced anything about it yet. I don't think they've even officially confirmed its existence.
Sounds great 😊 hopefully it’ll be next year.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I can't see it opening before May 2021. This isn't just another Hulk. It will be an in-between of a Hulk and a Hagrids where you will be able to see the ride from across the lake but there will be a lot more theming in and around the Discovery centre.

The likelihood is it will be another intamin rollercoaster and we all know the issues they can have at the start as Hagrid has proved. So after the build there will be an extensive testing element so can't see with how much is left to do it is going to be opening in 2020.
Ils is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mallaeus
Imagineer

mallaeus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 10
I would expect that we will see the River Adventure change to JW at some point, but not for a good 4 years. With them building the new Raptor coaster and it rumoured to open in 2021, they won't throw anymore money at Islands for a long time, they will be diverting their money in to Epic Universe.
mallaeus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List