Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Nov 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
It’s not overrated, you just don’t rate it. It’s not the same thing. It’s ok to not like something that everyone else likes but it doesn’t mean it’s overrated. And emotional attachment to Pandora? Are you joking? Who has an emotional attachment to Avatar? Not me certainly. It was an ok film but if I have any emotional attachment it’s to Star Wars and I’d take FoP over SR every time. FoP is nothing like Soarin’.
Did I say an emotional attachment to Avatar? Pandora is without doubt alongside Diagon Alley the best themed area in any theme park in the world and with that comes emotion, because people are blown away and in awe of the place. So by the time they step on FOP they're already suckered in.

You take that ride and for example put it into Epcot and all of a sudden it becomes a good ride not the best ride ever. As for its nothing like Soarin? Er you sit down, get raised up in the air and you move infront of a screen... yep nothing like each other!

I would like to add I enjoyed FOP but the system itself I find overrated. It was built nearly 20 years after the original Spiderman ride and is it that much better?. 20 years worth of advanced technology better?

I agree everyone likes different things and it's all about opinions but mine is always the most important😉
Ils is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Well said Lisa.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, FOP is one of the harder to get FPs and has the longest queues because people rate it. Obviously not everybody will like it.

I have no emotional attachment to Pandora whatsoever, I do however really like Star Wars as does DH, but we would both pick FOP over Smugglers Run any day of the week, because it is a better ride.

And we both dislike Soarin. Flight of passage is not even remotely like Soarin. I don’t have a line of dangling feet in front of me on FOP for a start.
I just hope Rise of the Resistance is the new FoP!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Ils View Post
Did I say an emotional attachment to Avatar? Pandora is without doubt alongside Diagon Alley the best themed area in any theme park in the world and with that comes emotion, because people are blown away and in awe of the place. So by the time they step on FOP they're already suckered in.

You take that ride and for example put it into Epcot and all of a sudden it becomes a good ride not the best ride ever. As for its nothing like Soarin? Er you sit down, get raised up in the air and you move infront of a screen... yep nothing like each other!

I would like to add I enjoyed FOP but the system itself I find overrated. It was built nearly 20 years after the original Spiderman ride and is it that much better?. 20 years worth of advanced technology better?

I agree everyone likes different things and it's all about opinions but mine is always the most important😉
Pandora is based on Avatar so yes, you kind of did.

And yes, it is that much better than Spider-man (much as I love that).

And no, it’s not overrated. Overrated would mean that people said they loved it but didn’t really and that’s simply not true.

I’ll say again, it’s ok for you not to like it as much as other people but it doesn’t make it overrated.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Well said Lisa.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, FOP is one of the harder to get FPs and has the longest queues because people rate it. Obviously not everybody will like it.

I have no emotional attachment to Pandora whatsoever, I do however really like Star Wars as does DH, but we would both pick FOP over Smugglers Run any day of the week, because it is a better ride.

And we both dislike Soarin. Flight of passage is not even remotely like Soarin. I don’t have a line of dangling feet in front of me on FOP for a start.
FOP is one of hardest Fast passes to obtain because there is 8 rides in the whole park and 6 of them have been there since the Everest was built in what 2005?.

Look at Slinky. Do you think next year after SR and ROR and MMRR become available it is going to be the hardest Fast pass to get. No.

People love a new ride. It will happen at MK when Tron is completed and SDMT becomes easier to get.
Ils is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Pandora is based on Avatar so yes, you kind of did.

And yes, it is that much better than Spider-man (much as I love that).

And no, it’s not overrated. Overrated would mean that people said they loved it but didn’t really and that’s simply not true.

I’ll say again, it’s ok for you not to like it as much as other people but it doesn’t make it overrated.
Overrated doesn't mean that people love it but didn't really. That is lying to yourself.

Also I will give you an example of something I have an emotional attachment with but I know a lot people find is overrated and that is Epcot

The park is my happy place but I can see why people may find it overrated and I accept their opinion and not try and challenge it.🤨

Edited at 09:03 PM.
Old 14 Nov 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

FOP is one of hardest Fast passes to obtain because there is 8 rides in the whole park and 6 of them have been there since the Everest was built in what 2005?.

Look at Slinky. Do you think next year after SR and ROR and MMRR become available it is going to be the hardest Fast pass to get. No.

People love a new ride. It will happen at MK when Tron is completed and SDMT becomes easier to get.
Disagree. FoP is hard to get because it's one of the best rides ever made. You just have to look at reactions on YouTube or read reviews - nearly everyone is blown away by it, often in tears coming out of it. It has nothing to do with the land, if it was in Dinoland USA the reaction would be the same because it makes you feel like you are truly flying in the most immersive way possible to date. I do like Soarin and yes they are similar, but to most people FoP is Soarin on steroids because it is simply an incredible experience, when Soarin is just a good ride.

I get it, you don't like FoP that much. That's cool. For me the best coaster in the world will not replicate how FoP makes me feel.

Edited at 09:09 PM.
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
Disagree. FoP is hard to get because it's one of the best rides ever made. You just have to look at reactions on YouTube or read reviews - nearly everyone is blown away by it, often in tears coming out of it. It has nothing to do with the land, if it was in Dinoland USA the reaction would be the same because it makes you feel like you are truly flying in the most immersive way possible to date. I do like Soarin and yes they are similar, but to most people FoP is Soarin on steroids because it is simply an incredibly experience, when Soarin is just a good ride.

I get it, you don't like FoP that much. That's cool. For me the best coaster in the world will not replicate how FoP makes me feel.
I disagree with your Dinoland point of view. But we can agree to disagree!

As for the Fast pass being hard to get, it's because it's the newest ride in a park with hardly any rides. People like shinny new things.

Now I know the real reasons you rate it I can understand where your coming from but all I wanted to know was whether people who rate it as the best ride like rollercoasters? As most forums I go on I find the majority are female posters who don't deal with motion sickness very well and not big rollercoaster fans.

Yes I may then have a dug a bit of hole for myself but just looking for friendly debate
Old 14 Nov 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

I disagree with your Dinoland point of view. But we can agree to disagree!

As for the Fast pass being hard to get, it's because it's the newest ride in a park with hardly any rides. People like shinny new things.

Now I know the real reasons you rate it I can understand where your coming from but all I wanted to know was whether people who rate it as the best ride like rollercoasters? As most forums I go on I find the majority are female posters who don't deal with motion sickness very well and not big rollercoaster fans.

Yes I may then have a dug a bit of hole for myself but just looking for friendly debate
We can certainly agree to disagree 😉

I'm a guy, love love love rollercoasters but hey, I love FoP even more, go figure. I have no problems with motion sickness at all. Until FoP my favourite ride ever was Tower of Terror, which I did 7 times in a row within 90 minutes without FP+ on a particularly low crowded evening in HS. I still want to beat that lol, have to make it 10 times in a row. Did Hulk 4 times in a row and loved it. FoP still wins for me, coasters are just coasters, you know you're on one. On FoP for a few minutes I totally feel like I'm in another world, 100% real immersion, even after managing to ride it 7 times over 14 days back in 2017.

I cannot wait to ride it again next year. Same for my mate who was with me and is coming back in 2020. I do hope that RotR will beat FoP though, but that's a tough challenge.
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
We can certainly agree to disagree 😉

I'm a guy, love love love rollercoasters but hey, I love FoP even more, go figure. I have no problems with motion sickness at all. Until FoP my favourite ride ever was Tower of Terror, which I did 7 times in a row within 90 minutes without FP+ on a particularly low crowded evening in HS. I still want to beat that lol, have to make it 10 times in a row. Did Hulk 4 times in a row and loved it. FoP still wins for me, coasters are just coasters, you know you're on one. On FoP for a few minutes I totally feel like I'm in another world, 100% real immersion, even after managing to ride it 7 times over 14 days back in 2017.

I cannot wait to ride it again next year. Same for my mate who was with me and is coming back in 2020. I do hope that RotR will beat FoP though, but that's a tough challenge.
To be honest i do think ROR will blow everything out of the water.

If you get back next year go down to Busch Garden and get yourself on Iron Gwazi when it's up. There is no feeling like an RMC coaster and I expect this to be up there with Steel Vengeance which is the best ride in my opinion. You feel like your really flying then! 😉

Edited at 09:36 PM.
Old 14 Nov 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

To be honest i do think ROR will blow everything out of the water.

If you get back next year go down to Busch Garden and get yourself on Iron Gwazi when it's up. There is no feeling like an RMC coaster and I expect this to be up there with Steel Vengeance which is the best ride in my opinion. You feel like your really flying then! 😉
Oh man, I wish I could stay 3 weeks and do all the theme parks. But money and time! Looking forward to go back to Universal and try Gringotts, Kong and Hagrids for the 1st time. Even though I prefer Disney parks by a mile!