Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 16 Nov 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSevSpaghetti
Getting Excited

Mobile Nearly booking day - panicking about my list!

I’ve been so busy lately I haven’t done much planning. My booking window opens this week, and I still have some gaps...
It’s me, DH and a fussy coeliac child (hence all the Italians!). So far we have:
Sci-fi diner
Rainforest cafe -AK
Kona cafe
Coral Reef
Prime time
Grand Floridian cafe
Tony’s (parade package on the last day)
1900 breakfast
Tutto Italia
Trattoria al Forno
Via Napoli
TRex

Still 2 left! I was wanting to see the menu for the new space menu. Restaurant in Norway is a possibility. We’ve been to mama Melrose twice and hated it both times.
Anywhere I just haven’t considered.
MrsSevSpaghetti is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Teppan Edo in Epcot is our number one choice.

We also really like Chef Arts Smith homecoming at Disney Springs.

Kat

Edited at 03:25 PM.
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Teppan Edo in Epcot is our number one choice.

Kat
Snap!

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Jungle Skipper Canteen - MK
Spice Road Table - Epcot
Yak & Yeti - AK
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post

I don’t understand the panicking? .

There is no reason for you to book all your ADRs at 180 days, it is a choice not a necessity. There will be a teensy handful of restaurants that will get booked up by say 150 days in advance but even these will become available again closer to the time.

If you haven’t decided your final two restaurants, just leave it and book them later. I do dining reports, after my last one, I compared our actual dining to the reservations I had planned on my departure day (which were already massively different to what I planned at 180 days).

Anyway of the 16 restaurants I had booked, I attended only six of them and of those six I only attended two on the day they were booked for. And of those two, I only attended one at the time it was booked for. So in a nutshell I attended one pre-booked ADR and I am 100% certain that even that was not one I booked 180 days out.

Everything else was booked on the day or the day before. The Dibb creates a lot of unnecessary angst about booking ADRs. If you want to book at 180 days you can, but it should not be something that creates stress or panic. Below is link to my dining wrap up and view on booking ADRs.

https://dibb.in/14100277

Edited at 09:17 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

I found availability strong until about 150 days and then the options started severally restrict. I would personally aim to have everyone booked by 160 days to be sure of it. And then you can tinker as required.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’m with Claudette , We could pick up any restaurant last week I think the exception was Cali grill brunch and I cancelled my reservation in the Friday so someone will have picked that up , we even did a walk on in Epcot on a Saturday afternoon during food and wine. And the parks have been rammed . There really is no need to panic. Less free dining is being offered so the restaurants are not full anymore and who pays $300 oop for a family of 4 meal these days?
Ive just had a look now and this lunch/evening you can eat everywhere on your list except sci fi.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSevSpaghetti
Getting Excited

Mobile

See I liked to be booked. I then use that as my guide for fast passes.
I’ve seen people being told massive wait times at places like TRex and I want to avoid that.
Even if I don’t book them I like to know where I am meant to be each day (I’ll probably book grand Floridian on the day for instance). Also that we eat in good times for fireworks etc.
I’m leaving one day free I think just now - just in case we might book the space restaurant, if it ever opens.
MrsSevSpaghetti is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I don’t understand the panicking? .

There is no reason for you to book all your ADRs at 180 days, it is a choice not a necessity. There will be a teensy handful of restaurants that will get booked up by say 150 days in advance but even these will become available again closer to the time.

If you haven’t decided your final two restaurants, just leave it and book them later. I do dining reports, after my last one, I compared our actual dining to the reservations I had planned on my departure day (which were already massively different to what I planned at 180 days).

Anyway of the 16 restaurants I had booked, I attended only six of them and of those six I only attended two on the day they were booked for. And of those two, I only attended one at the time it was booked for. So in a nutshell I attended one pre-booked ADR and I am 100% certain that even that was not one I booked 180 days out.

Everything else was booked on the day or the day before. The Dibb creates a lot of unnecessary angst about booking ADRs. If you want to book at 180 days you can, but it should not be something that creates stress or panic. Below is link to my dining wrap up and view on booking ADRs.

https://dibb.in/14100277
I agree. The day after I arrived in September I actually cancelled all my ADRs apart from the dreadful Yachtsman, which I wished I had cancelled! I then booked them on the day, depending on where I was going and where I wanted to eat. There is where having a Landry card came in handy as I just used the priority seating privilege for Yak & Yeti! Next year I'll have QSDP at POFQ and I'll book two TS which I'll pay OOP for, Jungle Skipper Canteen and Spice Road Table, on the days I go to their respective parks.

Edited at 08:54 PM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MrsSevSpaghetti View Post
See I liked to be booked. I then use that as my guide for fast passes.
I’ve seen people being told massive wait times at places like TRex and I want to avoid that.
Even if I don’t book them I like to know where I am meant to be each day (I’ll probably book grand Floridian on the day for instance). Also that we eat in good times for fireworks etc.
I’m leaving one day free I think just now - just in case we might book the space restaurant, if it ever opens.
You are still over thinking if it is driving you to panic. I like going through a planning process, although it ends up a waste of time as I change everything anyway, but I like picking things out. If it were causing me to panic though, then I wouldn’t do it. Seriously life is too short to be panicking about a restaurant booking. There are lots of restaurants, you will get seated, you will be fed.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List