Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Nov 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

It's a lovely day here now I'm by the pool as well
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Soon be my turn! Worthwhile still packing the swimwear then?
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

My view right now. Am summoning energy to clean pool cover as they have cut our palm fronds today and there is dust on it.

Edited at 09:37 PM.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Back to the hig 70 low 80 by the end of the week
Just be glad you’re over there, 23F (-5C) tonight. Frost hasn’t lifted from my garden all day.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

When I spoke to DH earlier he said the frost hadn't lifted from his pick up windscreen or the bed cover
He was taking my car as it stays cosy in the garage
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 02:45 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

It was a combination of me and EssexSue who brought this minor cool spell... our pal picked us up at Ft Myers airport, Tue 12th Nov at 6.30pm, it was 78 degrees. Weds and Thurs were canny, then the thunderstorms kicked off on Bokeelia and it was distinctly cooler, heating on Friday, but we got in the pool on Saturday, cracking at 76 here today. Quilt back on the bed/on-off heat for the last 3 nights but not tonight.

I accept the blame for here, but it's defo that Sue to blame for 'up thar'
Old 19 Nov 19, 03:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

ChrisS m sure it's as you say as to who's fault
Took next doors dog our earlier they put her coat on I'd just my long shorts and a long sleeve T shirt by the time I'd done the 2mile circuit her coat was off and I was a hot mess as they say here honestly Miss Maisie ( the dogs name loves to walk and didn't want to go home. )
She's a well a something doesn't cast never barks and will walk miles
And so laid back she's horizontal at times she's a cutie that's for sure
Old 19 Nov 19, 03:52 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Picking up again here Helen, forecast to be nice for Thanksgiving, I'm helping our neighbour who is accommodating 28 for dinner! All prepare food, I've been asked to prepare my roast tatties, it's these occasions when I appreciate their big ovens, plus buttered mashed swede (something very few have tried) and glazed carrots - it's going to be a busy morning so a cooler day will be appreciated.

Until then we'll take the heat as it makes for good pool time. I can't believe this is our 7th night here, time has gone so quickly. How long are you spending out here this time Helen? We go home early May.
Old 19 Nov 19, 04:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Chris I'm going to a friends they want as I say buttered turnip ( swede to you ) roast tatties , parsnip and Delias Yorkshire pudding yes I brought her recipe and scales out but I've got 3 pop over pans they make the best yorkies I've got 3 at home as well
But the oven here is so slow compared to my fan oven at home
I made soup yesterday friends have had containers to go
Home made soup was a novelty a rod I fear for my own back now
Old 21 Nov 19, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Chris I'm going to a friends they want as I say buttered turnip ( swede to you ) roast tatties , parsnip and Delias Yorkshire pudding yes I brought her recipe and scales out but I've got 3 pop over pans they make the best yorkies I've got 3 at home as well
But the oven here is so slow compared to my fan oven at home
I made soup yesterday friends have had containers to go
Home made soup was a novelty a rod I fear for my own back now
You made me smile Helen as we too call it turnip and only use the word swede around people who'll think we mean white turnip when we mean swede, errr, guess we northerners like to confuse eh?

How long are you in Fl this winter? Hope you've had some nice weather - another one day cool spell in for Sunday/Monday then it's up there again. We've had pool days and the heated water has been wonderful, but the cool breeze when we get out and run to a hot shower has produced goosebumps. Thankfully the heating hasn't been on since Saturday