Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Nov 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
lexie32
Apprentice Imagineer

Margaritaville resort orlando

Has anyone stayed here yet? We’ve booked 4 nights there in a 1 bed suite at the end of August but I can also book the Waldorf for the same price and I’m really torn between the 2.

We were thinking Margaritaville looked a lot more child friendly and we like being able to walk to restaurants but the Waldorf is the Waldorf!
Jan 97 - May 03 - QIP, May 04 - Wyndham /HRH, Sept 05 - Windsor Palms, May 07 - Windsor Hills, May 08 - WiH/HRH, May09 - CP/ WL /Bradenton, May/June10 - CP/ YC/Bradenton May/June 11 P.E & Sunset Lakes, May/June 2012 YC/AKL, May/June 13 Sheraton ViV HRH &YC May 14 Sandpearl , Rennaisance SW & PBH, May 16 BC and Sandpearl, Oct 17 BC. Aug 19 Miami & Wilderness Lodge Aug 2020 Sandpearl Margaritaville & Hard Rock
lexie32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I haven't stayed, but I've visited and eaten/drank in the bar there and round Sun City.

There is lots to see, I don't know how their building is getting on, but in May it was still kinda empty.

When are you going?
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
lexie32
Apprentice Imagineer

We are going mid August so hoping more of the restaurants etc are finished by then but to be honest there seems plenty in walking distance that we fancy trying as well as old faves like longhorn!
Jan 97 - May 03 - QIP, May 04 - Wyndham /HRH, Sept 05 - Windsor Palms, May 07 - Windsor Hills, May 08 - WiH/HRH, May09 - CP/ WL /Bradenton, May/June10 - CP/ YC/Bradenton May/June 11 P.E & Sunset Lakes, May/June 2012 YC/AKL, May/June 13 Sheraton ViV HRH &YC May 14 Sandpearl , Rennaisance SW & PBH, May 16 BC and Sandpearl, Oct 17 BC. Aug 19 Miami & Wilderness Lodge Aug 2020 Sandpearl Margaritaville & Hard Rock
lexie32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Waldorf. Don't fall for the marketing crap. The water theme park looks meh too, after watching Tim Tracker's vlog.
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

We went for a look around Margaritaville in July..
We loved the lobby, beautiful decor and Jimmy Buffet music playing!
We didn't care for the walk to the pool area, not sure why I didn't like the fact you had to walk to the pool area rather than it being directly outside the hotel, but I didn't! and the location of the resort / waterpark was not our favourite area either.
Such a shame as I was excited to see it as was going to book.

Did like the fact that there were restaurants to walk to though.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Wish on a star
Excited about Disney

We stayed 2 nights last May in a one bedroom suite.. absolutely loved it and didn’t want to leave ☺️ If/when we go back it’s my first choice and would like to stay longer.
Wish on a star is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Minniemuffin
Looking for my Ears

Mobile

Saw this on One of Tim Trackers vlogs looked AMAZING! 🤗
Minniemuffin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ElTel
Excited about Disney

Although we didn't stay there we did visit in October - still seemed very quiet and I'd just caution the 'walking distance to restaurants' as it really depends where you are located, some are still a fair walk away!

There did seem to be some form of courtesy mini bus however, so might be worth looking into.

If you are staying there, I can recommend SMG (Studio Movie Grill) - excellent cinema with full electric reclining seats and full drinks/food menu at your seat.

Even in October there seemed a lot of empty shops and restaurants that hadn't yet opened - never saw a soul at the waterpark during our many 192 drive-pasts... even became an in car game to try and spot someone!
ElTel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
WDW365
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Haven’t stayed there but we do stay in a villa in Formosa Gardens. Some of the houses over that part of the resorts are still being built and a bit of a building site. The resort is huge! If staying for instance in a home over near Formosa Gardens Blvd you’ll be a mile or so away from all of the restaurants that are near 192. We love Rock and Brews and also impressed with Fords Garage. Some things still to open but a lot of choice already.
WDW365 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

I live nearby. The houses still under construction are at the back of the site. There are still many shops and restaurants at Sunset Walk that aren't done yet. As mentioned the cinema is great. I was very impressed with the food. I also reccomend Fords Garage, Rock and Brew, Bento (casual service modern Asian food), and Bahama Bucks (shaved ice and smoothies). I wasn't as keen on Burger Fi or the Cask and Lion. There are a few shops open now and loads of other places very nearby.

The water park does only seem at all busy during the summer months.