Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Nov 19, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Anyone have nationwide free flex insurance?

Not the one with the flex plus account, but the normal 'free' account?

I have always held a joint travel policy with my other half, however, its creeping up in cost. My free bank insurance can be upgraded to Worldwide including America and my other half for about £100 less than with the renewal...

Therefore wondering if much good? as I have had to claim with LV and they were great. so think twice about moving, as you never know how a company is until you claim... but £100 is a big saving...

Thanks
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

The flex plus one is great never had any issues claiming but have no experience with the other version you are talking about.

They are underwritten by the same insurers though so I'd imagine they are comparable in terms of service, you'd just need to check the levels of cover are adequate for what you require
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
borntoshop
Imagineer

Mobile

We have flex plus but doesn't the basic flex account just offer free insurance in Europe and you pay more for world wide cover?
Nov/Dec 03-Orlando Villa/DLP Sept 04-Greece Nov/Dec 05-Orlando Villa 2007-New Hampshire ski-ing Orlando BWL & Villa 25 Dec 08 Florida New York 2010 New Hampshire 2011 New Hampshire 2012 Florida 2013 North Conway Christmas 2014
borntoshop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

We used it first time we went to Florida. Chris took a reaction to something, and his face swelled up badly.

Other than a slight initial miscommunication around whether the Urgent Care should accept my policy or not (They wouldn't as it didn't have a US contact number), we paid up front and claimed back, it was fine. I confirmed when I came home that paying and claiming back *was* the correct process in those circumstances - emergency room would be different - I got the money back withing 4-6 weeks, iirc.

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

We have the flex plus one which is free with the monthly subscription. (£156 pa)
I had a look around and I couldn’t get the travel insurance, mobile
Phone insurance and breakdown cover for less. We actually don’t need the breakdown cover as have it with new cars but still worth it for the travel insurance. It’s a good level of cover and winter sports etc is standard, plus it covers four of us.
Have a look might be cheaper to get the flex plus than upgrading the flex account one.

Edited at 08:07 AM.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
llamala
Imagineer

Mobile

We have the flex plus,had to claim for a mobile phone which although in a pouch got wet through on the lazy river in TL they replaced it with no fuss.
llamala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

We have Flex Plus also, do have to pay a fee for my few ailments though. They have a 1 pill free policy but I have 3 hence upgrade. Even with this couldnt find a cheaper policy for 4 of us with the extras of Phone, RAC etc

If I added it all up I probably could have bought a 4 Bed Detached House
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

We have the flex plus and used it this summer when my youngest got 2 ear infections while in Florida. I can't fault the service.
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by tiggertastic View Post
Not the one with the flex plus account, but the normal 'free' account?

I have always held a joint travel policy with my other half, however, its creeping up in cost. My free bank insurance can be upgraded to Worldwide including America and my other half for about £100 less than with the renewal...

Therefore wondering if much good? as I have had to claim with LV and they were great. so think twice about moving, as you never know how a company is until you claim... but £100 is a big saving...

Thanks
yes it’s good and cheaper if you make your flex plus account a joint account
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

We considered changing to Flex Plus from standard Nationwide account.
Decided it wasn't worth it for us.
The standard insurance offer for European cover cost more to upgrade to worldwide than just buying a policy from AXA.
To upgrade to Flex Plus would cost £156, which is £60 more than AXA quoted.
Everybody will be different, but we don't need the breakdown cover, we are not interested in mobile phone insurance, and we don't go skiing.
I think a lot of bundled accounts can be poor value for money.

We've stopped using Nationwide since they advised they are changing the log in procedure to make accessing accounts more difficult.
Opened a Monzo account just before they were on BBC Watchdog with their problems 'Monzo Gonzo' which put me off using them.
Really just need Nationwide to up their interest rates then I'd go back to visiting the branch.
Rather they did that than marketing bundles tbh.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List