Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Nov 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Richiemac
First POST

Mobile Xmas in Orlando

Hi all , we are heading over to Orlando in 3 weeks and will be there over the Xmas period including Xmas day which we are really excited about . We are huge Disney fans and have been twice before but never in December , has any one got any tips or experiences of things to do /see at the time of year and particularly on Xmas Eve/day . Thanks Rich
Richiemac is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
tom107
slightly serious Dibber

Disney Springs has a lot of entertainment on, we had a wonderful Christmas there a couple of years ago. I would suggest you book any restaurants you are wanting especially on Christmas Day. We ate at the Irish place, fantastic, never been there before or since, but it was a fantastic meal and the entertainment was great. The street performers and decorations make the place come alive at night time. Highly recommended

Follow us on our social media:

https://www.facebook.com/villaattuscanhills/
https://www.instagram.com/villaattuscanhills/

Please click on the below link to view our villa
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/villa-search.php?a=375
tom107 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We fly Christmas Day but the last time we were there for Christmas Eve we hired a Disney boat for a Wishes firework cruise, was amazing, we’re dining the same on Boxing Day this year
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

We arrived in Christmas Eve last year and stayed till 4th January.

I did a full trip report if you fancy a read. It was all disney
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1113744
Old 20 Nov 19, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney20152
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
We arrived in Christmas Eve last year and stayed till 4th January.

I did a full trip report if you fancy a read. It was all disney
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1113744
Sorry to jump on the thread but can I ask what your views were on the Beach Club ? We are booked to stay at Caribbean Beach over Christmas but seriously considering switching to Beach Club. I would be really interested to hear your views on the hotel and whether it’s worth the extra. Thank you x
Disney20152 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney20152 View Post
Sorry to jump on the thread but can I ask what your views were on the Beach Club ? We are booked to stay at Caribbean Beach over Christmas but seriously considering switching to Beach Club. I would be really interested to hear your views on the hotel and whether it’s worth the extra. Thank you x
Hi no worries.

We liked it. I much prefer the yacht club in terms of decor, calmness and the automatic full balcony.

We couldn’t fault our stay at the beach club, we got all our requests.

The massive plus for those resorts over Christmas is being able to stroll into Epcot and walk back from Hollywood studios. Plus you can walk to mini golf if you want a quieter time. The resorts here are lovely for Christmas too and if you are close by worth a wander around.

The boardwalk also had a party on the green at New Year.

The pool at the yacht and beach are also awesome, my ds loves it.

Quick service options are not amazing but there is choice at both beach and yacht plus you have boardwalk bakery and the pizza window but you are so close to all that delicious food at Epcot.

If I was doing Christmas and new year again and my budget could stretch I’d pick my resort on location first. So an Epcot hotel or the Contemporary.
Old 21 Nov 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Disney20152 View Post
Location location location.

With it being so busy at that time of year, being able to walk to two of the parks is worth its weight in gold.

If cost is an issue see if the Swan Dolphin works out better value.
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

I'm not sure where you are staying but when we go at Christmas we now like to spen Christmas Eve in magic kingdom. We don't go until late afternoon, we book a restaurant in the park and stay until it closes. Then have a lazy Christmas morning. Your hotel may be doing something on Christmas Eve, sometimes a character may be in the lobby.

A couple of years ago we went to SW on Christmas Eve and went to all the shows as they have a few lovely ones such as O Wonderous Night and the ice skating show. That felt very 'Christmasy'. Last year we booked the candlelight dinner package in Epcot, which we enjoyed but I think I preferred the SW shows (sorry)

The tree trail at Disney Springs is good, also a tour of the deluxe hotels to see the decorations and gingerbread houses. You can also visit the campground to see the decorations on the RV's (that are really great) and even take a horse and carriage ride. We usually book Trails End or Hoop De Doop and make a night of it.

There is so much to do, another thing if you can, is to visit Celebration to see the houses there, and they have nightly 'snowing' on one of the streets. You can eat at one of the restaurants there or just have a delicious ice cream from Kilwins.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List