Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Mar 17, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr__Incredible
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by spenners View Post
I have booked different hotels etc. and just kept cancelling them and rebooking as better deals have come along. I would go on trivago and look at all the options. I looked at the JC but the reviews were not very good. I would also recommend Polo Towers as an option. Whatever you decide have a great time
Thanks; I know we'll have a great time wherever we stay ... it's not where you are who it's who you are with

I will try Trivago as that isn't one we have been using (currently looking at hotels.com/ booking.com/ ebookers & momondo using vouchers and/or quidco).

Polo Towers is one we have our eye on too. In the weeks leading up to our stay we may find some good offers and will try the 'secret hotels' on lastminute.com for the 2 weeks before we fly.
Mr__Incredible is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 17, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Mr__Incredible View Post
Thanks; I know we'll have a great time wherever we stay ... it's not where you are who it's who you are with

I will try Trivago as that isn't one we have been using (currently looking at hotels.com/ booking.com/ ebookers & momondo using vouchers and/or quidco).

Polo Towers is one we have our eye on too. In the weeks leading up to our stay we may find some good offers and will try the 'secret hotels' on lastminute.com for the 2 weeks before we fly.
We stayed in Polo Towers last September, 5 adults in a 2 bed suite. It was great, excellent location and no complaints on the accommodation. It is a timeshare property and some reviews on trip advisor do make mention of reps trying to get you to presentations etc. but we had no issues.

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby
spenners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 17, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
tracynoe
Excited about Disney

We've stayed at the Jockey Club and have nothing but good things to say. We had the brick wall view but to be frank, so what? As you say, you'll be out and about looking at the sights and views. You are joined to the Cosmo and have access to their pools also.
I don't think you'll regret staying there.
tracynoe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 17, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

All I am going to say is I would NEVER EVER stay anywhere dirty. I checked under the sink taps and behind the toilets and it was spotless. As for threadbare carpets ...they were not. The kitchen units were older formica style but were fine. Beds were comfy. Housekeeping could not do enough for us. If you compare it to the entrance lobby of the Cosmo/Bellagio its very drab. You probably will find better at Vdara or Elara but they are way more money.
I was hesitant about going and loved it, and have been looking today at booking for next year. If you are looking for value for money you wont be disappointed, if you are looking for the Bellagio for what you have paid you will.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 17, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by spenners View Post
We have just booked here

www3.hilton/en/hotels/nev...LGV/index.html

It is in good location and has a good write up on trip advisor.
Yes it's right behind the flamingo I don't know if you still can but when I looked at it years ago you could use the flamingo pools etc
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 17, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by tracynoe View Post
We've stayed at the Jockey Club and have nothing but good things to say. We had the brick wall view but to be frank, so what? As you say, you'll be out and about looking at the sights and views. You are joined to the Cosmo and have access to their pools also.
I don't think you'll regret staying there.
I think the view depends didn't bother the people I know who where there at the weekend but they were there 3 nights and at the race track all day and night they literally only slept there

It would bother me waking up to a brick wall every day as we're here for 8 days and I love natural light

If I were going to stay there I'd email beforehand and request a room with a view if possible do as much as I could to not look at a wall .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 17, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
I think the view depends didn't bother the people I know who where there at the weekend but they were there 3 nights and at the race track all day and night they literally only slept there

It would bother me waking up to a brick wall every day as we're here for 8 days and I love natural light

If I were going to stay there I'd email beforehand and request a room with a view if possible do as much as I could to not look at a wall .
We did that and all they say each time of the 5 times I phoned/emailed is the rooms are allocated on a daily basis and although requests are noted cant be guaranteed. She actually said to me "Honey if I had a dollar for every time I have been asked that I would be a millionaire". They have less 2 bed with a good view than 1 so wanting a 2 bed makes your chances less as well. What she did do for us, which was lovely, as we were there 11 nights she phoned me maybe 4/5 days in and told us when a Bellagio view became available and we moved. Only reason we moved was it was better for my daughter to have natural light as she had to work nearly every day. You cant actually see the wall as they have voile drapes over the window.
Think we have said before it's not the place for you. For us, we loved it.

Edited at 01:09 AM.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
I wasn't specifically on about me , I was just saying some a brick wall even if covered wouldn't be what they want for others it's not a problem.

My hotel room where I am now overlooks air conditioning units below us , now I'm not bothered as we've left the room at 9am and not been back till midnight each day . And the room is still lovely and light . But I can see for those who spend a lot of time there it could be a disappointment . We were told when we checked in we could move the next night but we weren't bothered so didn't .
Old 16 Mar 17, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Actually thinking about it as I like to be very easy walking distance of the Strip if not staying on the Strip itself I'd stay Polo Towers first choice and Tuscany second choice.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Yes it's right behind the flamingo I don't know if you still can but when I looked at it years ago you could use the flamingo pools etc
I think you still can, from what I have read on tripadvisor

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby
spenners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List