Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 May 20, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

My daughter, 17, cut my husbands hair, and took an inch off mine tidying it up. I don't colour mine - "natural highlights" now...

It is a stopgap, we will be going back to the hairdresser/barber after everything has died down. Not rushing back straight away, we will wait for stuff to settle down a bit first.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Fortunately I had my hair done early March and I can stretch out to 4 months if need be. I can just tie it up too, although it gets heavy and harder to manage when it needs a cut.

I have several colours in mine so I wouldn’t be able to do at home.

My dd’s just have long hair and also had theirs cut when I had mine, so they can also last.

My friend is my hairdresser, mobile, not in salon and for those who have an all over colour she has been providing their colour for own use If they want it ( as long as she has it in stock) She mixes it up and leaves it on the doorstep with instructions. She started this as one of her clients had a disaster with a box dye.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I usually go every 4 weeks. I haven’t had my hairdresser in my house during that time. She dropped some colour, toner etc at my gate with full instructions. Obviously this was just colour and not my highlights!
I will go back as soon as I can and there is no way I would colour my own hair again as it was a right faff
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
llamala
Imagineer

Trimmed Dh hair using the trimmer on his elec shaver, looks ok.
Have used a semi colour on my own hair to cover gray roots again looks ok but cant wait for the hair dresser and beauty salon to reopen.
llamala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Mobile

4 for me. I had cancelled an appointment for a cut and colour 2 weeks before lockdown (clashed with parents evening) and was booked in on the Tuesday as they closed on the Monday.

I normally have a short bob with a fringe and roots done every 6 weeks so you can imagine what it’s like now- not good when teaching 88 kids over a live teams call with my camera on.
Anyway I promised my hairdresser faithfully that I wouldn’t use a box dye and I’m now at the stage where by fringe is long enough to have a 70’s style flick and I’ll be able to tie It all back in a couple of weeks so I think I’ll last it out.
Old 18 May 20, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
tigerfee
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I have both cut mine and used a box dye.
The cut had to be straightened by my husband 😂 but I have curly hair so looks fine now.
The box dye, I am very happy with the results. I usually have my hair bleached very light blonde. I couldn't handle the roots so bought a dark blonde box dye to match my roots and I love it. So easy to do and very natural looking.

I will still return to my hairdresser but I will just get a few highlights now instead of a full colour.
tigerfee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Mobile

Husband has trimmed his with some help from me and my daughters have left theirs so far, both have very short cuts so not sure how long they’ll last out- they were talking about shaving it all off but I told them they’d have to answer to our hairdresser (luckily they are a bit scared of her- in a nice way) she’s done their hairs since they were 6 now nearly 18!
Old 18 May 20, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

I am embracing my grey roots, well sort of as if I go out Walking the dog I wear a hoody or a hat
I am not attempting doing my roots, I will wait to get back to the hairdressers

However my two sisters have not embraced the grey and have gone for the box dye with quite good results from what I could see online

My son just shaved his head with clippers and is thinking might just carry on as the barbers is quite expensive and he is a student
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
janeway
Excited about Disney

4 for me! Looking bad now.
I have a short style which is coloured blonde (sometimes have highlights) to cover the grey. Usually go to the salon ever6 6 weeks but have not been since end of Feb. I now have about an inch and a half of grey and the style is getting out of shape.
I hadn’t planned on going grey for at least another 5 years but I think perhaps I might go for it.
janeway is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
shona
Apprentice Imagineer

I have done my roots, my hairdresser kindly mixed my colour and left on the doorstep. She wouldn’t take payment so we got her a nice bottle of wine.
shona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List