Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Aug 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisaw1971
Very Serious Dibber

The Big 50 - help in LAX

Morning!
Was due to spend August on the west coast, well obviously it didn’t happen 😢

It’s been moved to next year, very lucky I know, HOWEVER, it means we’ll be in LA not orlando for my 50th, 1st world problems I know, however I did have a fab day planned.

Who has been & what could I be doing that day? (We last went 26 years ago!)
I was planning the following:

Day b4 - watch fantasmic (my favourite thing thing ever!) actual birthday
Breakfast at Poly (lilo & stitch)
Morning either at pool or water park
Early dinner at grand Floridian
Evening in MK, Meet Cinderella - I’m on a diet to be fabulous for it 🤣😂 - watch fireworks at a dessert party (not done one yet!)
Day after - discovery cove

We are a family of
Mum,dad two daughters 24 & 18
Friend & 10 year old!

Do what would all you far more knowledgeable people recommend!

I have to add the whole family has said we CAN change it & be in Florida, but I just can't be that selfish!

Thank you!

DLP Sept 1994 NY, 1998 SF, 2003NPB, 2005 off site, 2008NPB, NYE 2012 Explorers
WDW POR August 2013 14 nts
WDW POR August 2015 21 nts
DLP DCC AUGUST 2016 3nts
WDW DVC December 2016 10nts
Lisaw1971 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Have a look on the West Coast and California section. It was a massive help to me when I was planning our trip
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I’ve been many time’s

But what do you mean by LA ? Are you spending the day in LA itself ? Or in Disneyland ?

I have had a birthday in Disneyland and we just did the rides etc as a normal day .
They do have character meals if that’s your thing , we did Goofys Kitchen last year which was nice .

I’ve also had birthdays in LA itself so we’ve been to Huntingdon Beach or Santa Monica then gone on to the Grove for shopping and food in the farmers market .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
But what do you mean by LA ? Are you spending the day in LA itself ? Or in Disneyland ?

I have had a birthday in Disneyland and we just did the rides etc as a normal day .
They do have character meals if that’s your thing , we did Goofys Kitchen last year which was nice .

I’ve also had birthdays in LA itself so we’ve been to Huntingdon Beach or Santa Monica then gone on to the Grove for shopping and food in the farmers market .

To add I wouldn’t split the day between Disneyland and LA because you’ll end up spending most of the day sat in traffic .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisaw1971
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
I’ve been many time’s

Disney I think 🤔 I’d like magical day, although it won’t really have the same effect as being in Orlando for MK’s 50th year!

DLP DCC AUGUST 2016 3nts
Lisaw1971 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisaw1971 View Post
Disney I think 🤔 I’d like magical day, although it won’t really have the same effect as being in Orlando for MK’s 50th year!
Will it be your first ever time to Disneyland or a repeat visit (my suggestion will be different if so)?
Old 6 Aug 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisaw1971
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Will it be your first ever time to Disneyland or a repeat visit (my suggestion will be different if so)?
I went 20+ years ago, 1st time for everyone else, so I’d say treat as 1st for all!

I’ve taken some advise & found out about a restaurant you can watch fantasmic from, that sounds good!

DLP DCC AUGUST 2016 3nts
Old 6 Aug 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Someone else doing the same as me ( hopefully) on my 50 th. I’ve not been to Disneyland before so we are booked for this December. My plan is to be in the park on my 50th birthday. I’ve just got everything crossed that we are allowed to go.
I haven’t planned anything other than just enjoying the day and going on some rides. I don’t even think that I will book special dining. I just want to chill out and enjoy the day... hopefully!
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sizzle
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 11
I was in Disneyland last year for my 50th with my eldest son. We stayed at the Grand Californian for 2 nights. For my birthday itself we spent the morning in the parks and then had afternoon tea in the Disneyland Hotel. Then in the evening back to the parks and did the World of Color Dessert Party which was absolutely amazing, this is one thing I would so recommend doing. Truly magical day.
Old 7 Aug 20, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

My favourite ‘Disneyland only’ things to do are:

Fantasmic Dessert Party
Dine at Blue Bayou (lunch?) overlooking POC
World of Color (dining reservation package to get a great view guaranteed)
Max pass to get on as many rides as possible
Maybe start the day with a character breakfast in one of the Disney hotels? We haven’t actually done this at DL but walked past the VGC breakfast every day and it looked great!

My favourite dining spot outside the parks is Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Cafe, sitting outside on the balcony with cocktails and lovely food

Just a few ideas!