Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 3 Oct 20, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

We had risotto last night - I don't think it was my fave but can't win them all

Old 3 Oct 20, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We had two from hello Fresh this week that were far too much for 2 people - and we like our food!
We had Chicken & Mushroom Crumble and Baked Beef & Gnocchi Ragu. Both were really nice and would have them again though
Old 4 Oct 20, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
We had Rogan Josh lamb meatballs with lentils. It was a massive portion and quite nice, I’d have it again but it was my least favourite of our 4 as it wasn’t different enough from stuff we might normally eat.

We’ve only ordered 2 meals next week as the discount was less.
Old 4 Oct 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
hellin family
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

TOP TIP for anyone thinking of joining Hello Fresh. I signed up on the website when I saw the offer which was 50% off first box and 30% of next three boxes. Put all my details in (including address) but changed mind at last minute (due to having a fussy eater). Then a week or so later I had a letter in post from Hello Fresh offering 60% off first box and 40% off next three. So signed up. We love it so far and we just adapt it for DD so if we're having the fragrant chicken curry, like tonight, she'll have plain chicken with rice (which is what she would normally eat). She has tried some new foods though which is great. We have four meals a week and each time we cook either DD or DS takes it in turns. They love cooking and they are more willing to try new foods when they cook it themselves. When the offer runs out i will switch to Gousto and then I'll have built up lots of recipe cards and we can go buy the ingredients ourselves. We were stuck in a meal rut so it's been great. Portion sizes for hello fresh are large - I was worried as DH likes a big plate of food but it's absolutely plenty.

Wendy, Jake and Lillie x

Dec 2005 New York and Florida honeymoon, Grand Reserve
Dec 2006 Anniversary Trip, Grand Reserve, Davenport
Dec 2010 Jake's first trip, Glenbrook
Jan 2011 Lillie's first trip, Windsor Palms
Feb 2013 Jake and Lillie's Grand Adventures, Florida Pines
Oct 2014 Disneys All Stars Music Resort
hellin family is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Tonights meal was beef and mushroom pie with butter greens which we both really like. We would both have it again but apparently it would be easy to knock up without the box receipe

Old 5 Oct 20, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
My next box is Friday. However, I went on the website and used one of the veggie rice accompaniment recipies to go with our (shop bought) chicken Kiev’s tonight. I had all of the ingredients and it was really nice.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
Tonights meal was beef and mushroom pie with butter greens which we both really like. We would both have it again but apparently it would be easy to knock up without the box receipe

That's in my box that arrives tomorrow.

We had the pork sage and onion meatballs last night. Really enjoyed them and would do again.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We had the chicken curry pie yesterday and it was one of the best so far. The chicken thighs were substituted for chicken breast and the recipe still worked (probably better for me as I prefer less fatty meat). It has made the house smell of curry though! I’ve got candles burning all over the place.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

We had the 10 minute chicken teriyaki tonight and it was so tasty.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
We had the 10 minute chicken teriyaki tonight and it was so tasty.

Ooh, that's another one in my box
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List