Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Oct 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Calling Hot Tub Owners

I’ve virtually decided to spend some of my refunded holiday money on a Hot Tub. I used to have one about 12 years ago and the running costs were pretty high.

I’ve been told they’re a lot more energy efficient and the insulation is better now so can any current hot tub owners give me an idea of what to expect re electricity costs please

By the way I’m talking about a solid ho tub not an inflatable one.

Thanks in advance
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
How big and how much of the year do you plan to use it?
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

We have recently moved from an inflatable to a solid one. The inflatable was fleecing us for money! This one, I’m not quite sure of the actual running cost, but our last meter reading was a lot below the estimate.
We only have an entry level solid one though from Canadian Spa - I’d highly recommend looking at them as they seem decently priced if you don’t want a big one. We use ours between three and four times a week!
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

We have a Coast, another Canadian company who do seem to be the experts on the insulation.

We do keep an eye on the smart meter, when we're in it with lights on and jets running, it does go just over £1 an hour, but when it's just ticking along keeping warm and running the filters it's pennies.

We got it not long after moving in here so I can't really compare with the electricity costs here without it, they do have the estimated energy costs on their website in each product and they're probably not completely unrealistic.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Lu Lu
Imagineer

We have an artesian and got it last November. Honestly, it costs us Double what the salesperson said. He said an extra £1 a day but it’s more like at least £2 per day really in the summer, inching up to £3 per day in the winter.

We use it year round 3-4 times a week and set the temp to 38 degrees which is great and anything above that really eats electric. We also put it in economy mode when not using it and then remember to turn it back on a few hours before we want to use it.

The costs are dependent on so many things - insulation, cover, tarrif, use etc and so it’s like comparing apples with pears.

I wouldn’t change it for the world, though and so much cheaper than the osteopath I was seeing for my dodgy shoulder (which has now gone.) hot tub best thing we ever bought!
Lu Lu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I keep pondering on a hot tub. It's only for me but because I dont have a bath I thought it would be nice to sit in one and look ag the stars and ease my shoulder pain
Old 16 Oct 20, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
I keep pondering on a hot tub. It's only for me but because I dont have a bath I thought it would be nice to sit in one and look ag the stars and ease my shoulder pain
The best thing we ever bought - looking at the stars is amazing! We’ve seen so many shooting stars it’s fabulous! But we did an inflatable one first from Aldi or Lidl because it was about £300 and we weren’t sure how much we’d use it. Well we loved it so have now bought an entry level solid one.
The inflatable ones are more expensive to run, as they are not insulated the same, and need to be cleaned and refilled a lot more regularly, so are more of a time investment. But it was great for us before we spent a few thousand to see if it was really worth it
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Soon
Imagineer

I have had ours for three years now and still love it. It’s a Laz y spa so inflatable and costs around £25 per month and I have it up all year round.
I find it so relaxing looking up at the star and winter is the best time I think.
Old 17 Oct 20, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Orlando Soon View Post
I have had ours for three years now and still love it. It’s a Laz y spa so inflatable and costs around £25 per month and I have it up all year round.
I find it so relaxing looking up at the star and winter is the best time I think.
I am going to have a Laz Y Spa installed in my new home as I have found the ideal spot. I know that with our mild winters they can now be used all year round and cant wait - in these covid days a real treat

Edited at 08:49 AM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
How big and how much of the year do you plan to use it?
It’s 2.1m by 2.1m we would use it all year. When we last had one we loved using it when it was cold and frosty outside

Edited at 11:44 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List