Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Oct 20, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Fefster
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by natanddaz View Post
Hello lovely people of the dibb.

We have previously stayed onsite at wdw x2 under the free dining offer and had an amazing time. We have stayed at the lodges at Fort wilderness (free upgrade due to cbr construction), CBR and a suite at AOA. We loved all three resorts for different reasons. But for next year we just couldnt justify the cost with no offers so have cabana bay booked instead and are planning on a disney free trip. Now with the disney offer that was released yesterday the cost in comparison to what we have paid still seems really high so it just got me wondering are the universal hotels not as nice in some way? is the service/atmosphere lacking ? I suppose i just want to manage our expectations.

Thanks for any opinions in advance
I have stayed at RPR and Portofino and both were ‘better’ than Disney hotels in terms of the rooms. They lack a bit in customer services, it’s a different vibe.
Fefster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 05:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

We love HRH and RPR and rate them highly along with the deluxe Disney resorts we’ve stayed at.

The only negative for me is that for that cost I would like to have a balcony which the universal resorts don’t have so Disney just pips them to the post.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

We own DVC, at both Bay Lake Tower and Animal Kingdom Villas, so have stayed at most of the deluxe hotels WDW has to offer, and most trips we also stay at one of the top three universal hotels (Hard Rock, Portofino and Royal Pacific), and imho the universal hotels top most of the WDW - Bay Lake, Boardwalk, Beach/Yacht Clubs are the only ones that compare to the Universal ones in terms of location and ability to walk to parks (although with WDW ones you can obv can’t walk to all of the main parks) - that is a massive bonus for me.

I would also say that the theming and decor of the hotels and pools (taking out the novelty value of Animal kingdom lodge & I do have a particular soft spot for the Grand Floridian ) is superior at the three universal ones too.

Oh how I’d love the Hard Rock to start a DVC equivalent timeshare - I’d be all over that! Lol!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
For our 2018 trip we stayed at RPR and the beach club villas (not the actual hotel) but I was massively impressed with the universal hotels, even if RPR isn’t the best of the top 3. So much so, we can’t wait to go back to RPR or try one of the other express hotels whereas we wouldn’t rush back to the beach club. I don’t feel you get your monies worth at Disney sometimes. The rack rates are eye watering compared to universal.
Old 21 Oct 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Amy totally with you on that one & you do have to wonder if it's ever been considered ?
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

25 posts and no one has mentioned pool hopping? This is one of the biggest perks for us with the Universal hotels, as they all have a different feel.

And you can't beat HRH for location, close but the winding garden walk makes it feel far enough to be insular.

The hotel bars are far superior to Disney ones

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Have stayed at HRH several times, and once at Beach club DVC (with a tiny tiny balcony). I'd go back to HRH but never stay on site again. Overall though I prefer a villa with a pool. No one telling you to get out the pool, and the pool never closes! Nothing beats it, imho
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List