Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Mar 20, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

soap dishes

AS i have posted about before I have bought a few shampoo bars, however the lush ones seem to loose a lot of colour and therefore I and struggling to house them.

Any suggestions for a soap dish that actually works to keep the run off contained and doesn't get all messy when the gooey soap is on it?

(I stopped using soap as i didnt like the mess it leaves, that and it dries my skin out if i use it too much on my hands... so any good soaps that dont dry your skin out? - Maybe I can then reduce more plastic (well and there is no hand soap anywhere...)

thanks
tiggertastic is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 20, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Wonder
Imagineer

I use the bamboo soap dishes that are like the below, the don't hold any runoff but for shampoo bars it's really important that you let them dry out completely between uses or they just turn to mush.

There is a company called Conchus online that sells hand made, natural soap and hair products. The lady is a fairy small business but she makes soap the old fashioned way and it's non drying.

I've also had the shea butter soap form the friendly soap company which is a good, non drying soap.

Wonder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 20, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

I store my shampoo and conditioner bars on my slated over door plastic shower caddy.
I don't use lush ones though I buy off Etsy and have no colour run.
I have Simple soap bar again in my shower caddy, no problem with skin drying out with this one.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 20, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Mobile

I like the look of that bamboo one! But it would need to catch the runoff from lush soaps.

I might go have a wander to John Lewis...

I have since tried Yorkshire soap Co and they don't run colour either.
tiggertastic is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 20, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mouskevik
Imagineer

Mobile

I keep my shampoo/conditioner bars in little aluminium tins and leave the lids off. I keep them on a chest of drawers outside my en-suite and turn them once one side is dry.

As for soap, I've started using Dove bars as every other soap bar dried my skin. Apparently Dove are eventually going to stop wrapping the boxes in plastic.
Sandy Ridge/Miami/HRH - Aug 2019
mouskevik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List