Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Jul 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Weird experience you dont wont to do again

This has just grossed me out and has never happened before and hopefully never again.

I set my bath going and put bubbles in and all seemed fine.
When I got into the bath I could feel something on my leg

Grabbed it thinking it would be a hair - it was a white string thing

There was more and more and felt like I was bathing in a spiderweb.

I worked out someone had not closed the cotton wool ball bag and one must have dropped into the bath unnoticed

Anyone else have strange experiences they don't want to do again ?
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Dakar, Senegal enroute to UK from Sierra Leone. Due to RAF crew hours we had to take a short break in Dakar ( I won’t be rushing back) we had 6 hours in a hotel ( I use the term very loosely)... as I made my way down some steps with my bag the lights went out ... I was fatigued, distracted and in unknown surroundings.. for some reason I assumed there was an extra step ... weird feeling... turns out there wasn’t. My knees buckled and I pitched forward ... there was a white flash as my face impacted something solid and angular. I then had the most horrible feeling of liquid running down my face ... my pilot colleague managed to find a light switch and simply uttered oh **** you have a gash over your eye. (Now I knew what the liquid was!) I refused any medical assistance whilst in Senegal and a paramedic checked it out on the aircraft later. Despite a headache, bruising and blood spattered uniform I was lucky. I have a small vertical scar on my left eyebrow. Clearly an experience I would not like to repeat.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

My friend and I were walking past a row of houses on our way to school when we were about 15. A woman jumped out of her door with a water gun and started “shooting” at us.

I felt drenched, I felt like my hair was soaking and my clothes. We both ran off up the road, but when we stopped, we were both bone dry. She also felt like she was soaked, neither of us could understand it.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
This is not a weird experience I wouldn’t like to do again but my son and his friend were messing about with a keyboard. It played a two songs already and did various beats Etc. All of a sudden it played happy birthday and I was shocked I said it doesn’t normally play that. We all tried everything to get it to do it again but it wouldn’t and never did again! Spooky
Old 15 Jul 20, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
This is not a weird experience I wouldn’t like to do again but my son and his friend were messing about with a keyboard. It played a two songs already and did various beats Etc. All of a sudden it played happy birthday and I was shocked I said it doesn’t normally play that. We all tried everything to get it to do it again but it wouldn’t and never did again! Spooky
A haunted keyboard?

That wins!
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
tigerfee
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by klr15 View Post
My friend and I were walking past a row of houses on our way to school when we were about 15. A woman jumped out of her door with a water gun and started “shooting” at us.

I felt drenched, I felt like my hair was soaking and my clothes. We both ran off up the road, but when we stopped, we were both bone dry. She also felt like she was soaked, neither of us could understand it.
😱😂
I don't know if I find this story amusing or disturbing!
What a strange woman.
tigerfee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Originally Posted by tigerfee View Post
😱😂
I don't know if I find this story amusing or disturbing!
What a strange woman.
Yeah, I still don’t understand it to this day. I knew of the woman, her daughter was a few years below us and a bit of a trouble maker, maybe she got it from her mother. I’ve always wondered whether her daughter had a falling out with someone from school and the mother thought it was us, either that or she was just a bit odd!😂
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Many years ago when my daughter was a teenager, she was in the army cadets and was away on summer camp.
I decided to blitz her room while she was away. In the bottom of her wardrobe I found a carrier bag and in it was what looked like an oyster.
It was about the size of my palm greyish black and white, slimy and floating in a small pool of water, I was totally freaked out so I tied the bag up quickly and threw it in the bin.
When she got home I questioned her about it , only to find it was a piece of cotton wool that she had been bulling her boots with , the black was shoe polish and the water was in the lid of the polish tin 😂
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by klr15 View Post
Yeah, I still don’t understand it to this day. I knew of the woman, her daughter was a few years below us and a bit of a trouble maker, maybe she got it from her mother. I’ve always wondered whether her daughter had a falling out with someone from school and the mother thought it was us, either that or she was just a bit odd!😂
I'd have thrown my take-away coffee over her if she had done that to me (I always took a reusable cup full of coffee from home on my walk to school as I woke up to late to have it at home)
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
I'd have thrown my take-away coffee over her if she had done that to me (I always took a reusable cup full of coffee from home on my walk to school as I woke up to late to have it at home)
If I’d had anything in my hand I might have! That’s the weird thing though, there can’t have been any water in the water gun because my friend and I were bone dry. It all happened so quickly and we just legged it a couple of minutes up the road, there’s no way we would have dried off that quickly and yet at first we both felt like we were soaked, but when we stopped, we realised there hadn’t been any water. It must have a psychological thing I guess.