Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 31 Jul 20, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Does anyone still enjoy shopping?

I went shopping today with my sister, son and daughter and with having to wear a mask in shops in sweltering heat it was awful. I nipped in and out Of Wilko and Clinton’s and waited outside while they went in a few and we came home. Went and ate in the food court but half of that was closed, there was hardly any people out and I can’t see shops surviving at this rate. I won’t be returning till the pandemic is over!
Old 31 Jul 20, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile

No the queues, masks and general strained feeling if it all has spoiled any joy I had in shopping. Supermarket and internet all the way for me in future.
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Can’t stand wearing a mask. So I will limit shopping in store to essential shopping only (food), (pharmacy) and shop online for the rest. Not interested in normal browsing in store in a mask.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Am the same, usually enjoy a good shop/browse, but now its go and get what you need and get out! Got to brave Asda tomoro 😟
Old 31 Jul 20, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

No I hate it Sandra, I go in and get what I need and straight out.
Before all this I was a browser and a bit of a shopaholic, not anymore 😢
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

No I don’t, it’s not pleasant or relaxing. I haven’t ventured into Chelmsford yet and I used to go at least twice a week to shop, browse and have coffee. Now I just go to M&S foodhall once a week and a local garden centre once a week for coffee and a mooch around the plants.

This morning in Marks was a nightmare. It was so hot, no aircon and my glasses steamed up so much I had water dribbling down into my mask 😷😢
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sidsmum
Very Serious Dibber

Nope, no joy whatsoever in shopping now!
sidsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Dreading the winter. We went to Cheshire oaks last week. Big wait out in the rain for most shops. Staff doing there best organising the lines outside. Wait till the temperature drops below 10 then we see how people really feel.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I try and support the local Shopping Centre but I often have to come home and order onlne as there is such limited stock and sizes in store. Today I had to go up but only to pick up click and collect orders from M & S and New Look and a few treats from M & S foodhall. Most of the shops were quite quiet as the iniital novelty of going out to the shops again seems to have gone.

My DD(14) and her friends still love going shopping but shorter trips now as they can't try anything on.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Nope, nothing carefree about it anymore. It’s like a mission not a treat.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List