Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Oct 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

You first Florida trip (just for fun)

I thought I would bring back some Florida reminsance so tell us the year of your very first trip, whonyou flew with, where you stayed and what you did.

Year 1986
Stayed at Days Inn, Days Lodge Florida Mall
Flew with Thompsons ( I think) with a stop in Bangor
DId all the Disney things but also a road trip to the Keys.

Such fun.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

1984 booked with Jetsave via Thomas Cook, can't remember which airline. We flew into Orlando via Gander! Stayed in the Sheraton Seaworld for the first week and then Bilmar Beach, Treasure Island for the second. There was only Epcot and MK. we also visited Sea World Cypress Gardens, Busch Gardens and Boardwalk and Baseball. We spent the week at the beach resting! DS got the bug more than we did at first but we have all have been back every year since.
Old 4 Oct 20, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

Mobile

1989 Flew with Airtours on the Flying pig.
Stayed 1 week in Miami one week on the Orange Blossom Trail. Did Disney, SeaWorld, Church St etc

If I added it all up I probably could have bought a 4 Bed Detached House
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
At 1990 we're latecomers.

Flew Britannia from BHX to MCO and hired a Dollar car from some off-site place in a dodgy area of OBT. Remember passing the Tupperware HQ.

First week at Fantasy World near the big half orange on 192. Second week at Indian Shores.

Our white Buick Skylark at FW and condo at Indian Shores.

Mick
Old 4 Oct 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I’m relatively new to FL in comparison to most!

First trip was 2013 - 20 years old and took my 13 year old sister by myself!
Flew LHR-ATL-MCO with Delta
9 nights in Port Orleans French Quarter. We did a day in SW and bought tickets on the gate.

My second favourite trip I think - because it was my first it was amazing! But our 2016 trip was incredible.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Also another fairly newbie. 2007 just me and my eldest son. Flew with virgin and stayed at Quality Inn International. Still my favourite trip.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Apprentice Imagineer

DDD's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
My first trip was in 1987, I was 17. My parents took me, my sister and 4 grandparents.

That was 33 years ago..yikes! We stayed in a hotel on I drive but not got a clue where, we did Disney only. We had one night in a deluxe resort hotel in downtown Disney as it was then. It felt very deluxe!

My memories from the trip are;
We were delayed going and dad got food vouchers for us all. Airport Food must have been cheaper then as we had lots of money left over so he bought loads of chew bars (sort of alpen type ones) I remember us eating them a lot while we were there.
My grandad bought a orlando hat with pretend bird poo on it... yep not got a clue why and if he thought it was funny but hey it’s stuck in my head so was a good choice.
But my favourite memory was as we arrived the band was playing at the top of Main Street . My Nanna was tapping her toes and the lead band man...was he the conductor maybe ... came up and danced with her. Boom... Disney memories that make me smile every time I think about it.

I’m now on my 14th Disney world trip (well should have been this year!) and every single one has a memory like that attached. Perfect and magical place to vacation in.
DDD

Edited at 09:28 PM.
DDD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
I’m relatively new to FL in comparison to most!

First trip was 2013 - 20 years old and took my 13 year old sister by myself!
Flew LHR-ATL-MCO with Delta
9 nights in Port Orleans French Quarter. We did a day in SW and bought tickets on the gate.

My second favourite trip I think - because it was my first it was amazing! But our 2016 trip was incredible.
I remember reading your trip report with your sister

For Florida our 1st trip was in 2011 for mine & OHs 40th. We flew with Virgin and stayed at POFQ for 2 weeks, and one night at RPR in the middle. We visited all the Disney parks and both Universal ones.

Prior to that all our Disney trips had been to DLP.

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?

Edited at 09:35 PM.
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

March 2000

Booked 5 days before we went.

Myself, wife, MIL and FIL.

Flew with Airtours or Thomson's
Stayed at the Howard Johnson, Hawaiian Court bottom of I-drive
No car, used the I-Drive Trolley, Lynx buses and Mears Taxis.

Did Disney and Universal.

We were up early every day for breakfast at IHOP or Dennys, then on the trolley or Lynx to the TTC.
Up late overnight, cans of beer in the waste bin from the room filled with ice from the ice machine, hot tub at the hotel for easy the aching feet.

Edited at 09:34 PM.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
gl20
Apprentice Imagineer

1983, Econolodge. Just 4 nights as was sandwiched in the middle of a 2 week stay in Boston. First ride was Journey Into the Imagination which had only been open about a month. Horizons was still under construction, i think the Living Seas build hadn’t even started.

In 85 we stayed in the Sheraton Seaworld which I see in the 2nd post post. Now a DoubleTree?
gl20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List