Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Oct 20, 05:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Macca04
Imagineer

Mobile Car stolen

As if this year couldn’t get any worse someone had stolen our car. DH got up to go to work this morning 3rd day back in more than 6 months at 5am and the car has gone. I went to bed at 10:40 last night I sleep at the front of the house car on the drive and I didn’t hear a thing.

Both keys still in the house. This year really is turning out to be one to forget!
Macca04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 20, 06:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

That’s absolutely terrible.😡

Do you have a new car? Wonder if they have one of those machines that can read keys or whatever it is they can do these days.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 20, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Macca04
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
That’s absolutely terrible.😡

Do you have a new car? Wonder if they have one of those machines that can read keys or whatever it is they can do these days.
It was a 2017 plate we bought it nearly new, Ford Kuga when I say bought we still have finance on it. Yes both keys in the house so we reckon they used one of those gadgets.

At least no one got hurt, if DH had heard them and went out after them who knows 🤷🏻

Edited at 06:42 AM.
Macca04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 20, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Sorry to hear this and sadly it's all to common and the police won't spend any time trying to investigate it.

We had an attempted break in for my car keys December before last and hence my thread recommending people buy an anti key signal box or bag.

The insurance will pay out but I appreciate it's the hassle involved.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...ight=Car+theft
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 20, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
That's so bad, Hope you feel OK. I know it's "only a car" but it must feel like a violation of your life
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 20, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Threads like this make me so angry,that low life’s think it’s ok to just come along and take what we all work so hard for.
Sorry that this has happened to you both and as you say if you had heard them,what may have happened is frightening.
We have a ford Kuga and I never realised it was a car where they could use one of those machines on.
Hope the police do investigate for you
Tracy x
Old 9 Oct 20, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Macca04
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Sorry to hear this and sadly it's all to common and the police won't spend any time trying to investigate it.

We had an attempted break in for my car keys December before last and hence my thread recommending people buy an anti key signal box or bag.

The insurance will pay out but I appreciate it's the hassle involved.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...ight=Car+theft
I wish I had got one now, but I probably would have forgotten to use it once and the car would have been gone. Just think it’s not going to happen to you I suppose. Not even a brand new car, we loved it though.
Old 9 Oct 20, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

That's absolutely shocking. Low life people taking what's not theirs and ruining people's livelihood. Makes me so cross. Hugs to you xx
TheHughesCrew is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 20, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Macca04 View Post
I wish I had got one now, but I probably would have forgotten to use it once and the car would have been gone. Just think it’s not going to happen to you I suppose. Not even a brand new car, we loved it though.
Unfortunately I also wasn't expecting an attempted break in while I was in Florida. Steering wheel locks are also cheap and can be a good deterrent. We have got into a good habit of using our key box so as soon as we get in the keys go straight in the box.

The same applies to burglaries, many people don't put much effort into protecting their homes as well as they should until they get broken into.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 20, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Sorry to hear this and sadly it's all to common and the police won't spend any time trying to investigate it
I can assure you we do, however there is only so much that can be done . Plates are normally changed very quickly on stolen cars because of anpr cameras. Markers are placed on the car .

We urge people to buy a faraday pouch for car keys ( minimal cost of around 7.99 on Amazon) .i have one for my car.

Feel for the op as I do any victim of crime, we do recover stolen cars so all isn’t lost .

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List