Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Oct 20, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
The reality is who is going to go into every house to check they are complying with the new regulation. Clearly so many people are going to foodbanks and can't afford to eat let alone spend many hundreds to comply.
No-one is going to check. What they are saying is in reality you will not be able to sell your home unless you upgrade as the fire safety is part of the home report.

The other more pressing one may be insurance companies with a simple question around your detectors meeting national legal requirements.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
kiwiinabd
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
The reality is who is going to go into every house to check they are complying with the new regulation. Clearly so many people are going to foodbanks and can't afford to eat let alone spend many hundreds to comply.
Will it give insurance a reason not to pay out if you had a house fire !

I have radio linked alarms but need to replace the batteries !

You would of thought that if the Scottish Government had introduced legislation that was not going to cost every householder over £200 !
kiwiinabd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bonnies mum View Post
A heat alarm in my kitchen would be a disaster. As it is the smoke alarm in the utility room goes off regularly when cooking steaks etc., despite using the extractor.
Will have a look at the leaflet as should get one soon.
A heat alarm in your kitchen should work fine as they trigger around 60C. Why do you think it would be a disaster?

Edited at 05:24 PM.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
I got a leaflet about this today through the post.

I already have wireless interlinked smoke detectors and stuff so I’m all good.
hexagon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
This is the problem when Politicians get involved in construction issues. A total mish mash of well intentioned ideas that don’t work

Bit like dual flush bogs.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

I have been speaking to a friend of mine who is a certified Fire Risk Assesor and former Chief Fire Officer in Yorkshire. He believes that this is incorrect and cant be enforced retrospectively in private dwellings. Can anybody who has a leaflet take a picture and share?
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by MOUSEMARSH View Post
I have been speaking to a friend of mine who is a certified Fire Risk Assesor and former Chief Fire Officer in Yorkshire. He believes that this is incorrect and cant be enforced retrospectively in private dwellings. Can anybody who has a leaflet take a picture and share?
Have a look at my link. It goes to the government webpage which is very clear. The law is for all properties old and new

Edited at 09:54 PM.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dinglebert View Post
Have a look at my link. It goes to the government webpage which is very clear. The law is for all properties old and new
It’s been on the news - even in London we are having new rules that are to be complied with eg my building means we have to have sprinklers fitted following Grenfall else the insurers wont cover it - lots of changes gone through lately and more to come I suspect
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

Mobile

It's always been law to have Fire Alarm Systems installed to Houses of multiple occupancy, tower blocks public buildings etc. Peter tells me that sprinkler systems is a recommendation of Dame Judy Hackit for all tower blocks, indeed many local authorities have been installing sprinklers to there tower blocks however there is still an argument over who foots the bill in private dwellings and there is a test case with Camden Council on the subject. The grey area seems to be private standard homes. Scotland are pushing ahead whilst England is not. Wouldn't surprise me if there are Grant's made available. Just trying to help as it seems excessive and expensive.

If I added it all up I probably could have bought a 4 Bed Detached House
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

Hadn’t heard about this yet, thanks 👍🏻 I’ve got interlinked mains powered smoke alarms in downstairs hall and upstairs landing but nothing else. Do have a fire blanket and extinguisher in the pantry which is by the cooker and extinguishers near our multi fuel stoves but will need to get heat alarm and carbon monoxide detectors now 🙄
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List