Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 17 Feb 21, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

Disney cruises are worth looking at also...I love them.
We have done
Princess x2
Norwegian
P &O
Nile cruise x3
Carnival
And Disney x3
Disney to me has the edge on them all
And for a private island Castaway Key
Really is paradise for adults and children.

Edited at 07:16 PM.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 21, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We're looking at RCI after watching the documentary too! Looking at the Caribbean next March / April. We've cruised 5 times in the past - with Celebrity, Princess and Disney Cruise Line - all various itineraries in the Med. We were booked on our first Bahamian cruise last year (cancelled).
We loved the first 2 lines, and really enjoyed DCL but not as much as those, I think perhaps the Disney Magic wasn't a big enough ship for us with not quite enough for adults (our feelings only).
Those who've cruised the Caribbean - which departure port would you recommend?
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 21, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
We're looking at RCI after watching the documentary too! Looking at the Caribbean next March / April. We've cruised 5 times in the past - with Celebrity, Princess and Disney Cruise Line - all various itineraries in the Med. We were booked on our first Bahamian cruise last year (cancelled).
We loved the first 2 lines, and really enjoyed DCL but not as much as those, I think perhaps the Disney Magic wasn't a big enough ship for us with not quite enough for adults (our feelings only).
Those who've cruised the Caribbean - which departure port would you recommend?
Just to say that two of Disney ships are larger (Fantasy and Dream) but still not probably as adult as you might be looking for.

In terms of departure ports, I'm done Fort Lauderdale, Miami and Port Canaveral. Out of all of them I liked Fort Lauderdale the best as it seemed so efficient. In all honesty though they are a much of a muchness.
Old 18 Feb 21, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
Just to say that two of Disney ships are larger (Fantasy and Dream) but still not probably as adult as you might be looking for.

In terms of departure ports, I'm done Fort Lauderdale, Miami and Port Canaveral. Out of all of them I liked Fort Lauderdale the best as it seemed so efficient. In all honesty though they are a much of a muchness.
Yes we were booked on the Dream when Dorian struck and was cancelled, then again when covid struck! We were going to try the bigger one on a short 4 nighter to see how we found it. Thanks, the cruise I'm looking at is from Port Lauderdale.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 21, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Birtie
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Yes we were booked on the Dream when Dorian struck and was cancelled, then again when covid struck! We were going to try the bigger one on a short 4 nighter to see how we found it. Thanks, the cruise I'm looking at is from Port Lauderdale.
I think we stole your Dream cruise. We were onboard when Dorian struck and ended up with a 6 night cruise instead of 3 waiting for the storm to pass and return to Port Canaveral.
Birtie's Trip ReportsOct95~QIP,Aug97~HJ Universal Tower/Wedding,Aug03~BWMovieland/BWPlaza,Feb05~BW ML/POR,Aug07~CBR,Aug08~Rosen Plaza/Marriott Suites Clearwater, Aug09~OKW,Xmas10~ASMu, Aug11~POR,Aug12~POR, Aug13~DCL Med,Xmas13~ASMu, Aug14~RPR/POR,Feb15~Shingle Creek,Aug15~SSR/DCL Western/BC,May16~DCL Norway, Dec 16~BCV/RPR/SSR, Aug 17~AKL/DCL/POL,Aug 19~POR/DCL/BRV,Jan 20~SSR/Vero/RCL,Mar 22~ESSS/SSR,Aug 22 Road Trip, Nov 23~ESSS/SSR/DCL Wish/GF
Birtie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 21, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Birtie View Post
I think we stole your Dream cruise. We were onboard when Dorian struck and ended up with a 6 night cruise instead of 3 waiting for the storm to pass and return to Port Canaveral.
Yeeees! everyone in our DCL fb cruise group was hopping!
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
Old 20 Feb 21, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
We crossed the BoB in June and they closed all the pools because the water was sloshing over the deck - maybe just unlucky.

It's six and two threes really isn't it? Set off in the morning and get to Southampton, park the car and be eating lunch on the boat. Downside is the three days getting to nice weather. At the end leaving the boat by 8am and having lunch at home.

Or driving to LHR catching a plane to Rome at 6am and boarding at Civitavecchia on a hot day. Coming home leaving the boat at 8am and hanging around at the airport until late pm to check in. Our experience anyway of only one cruise boarded in the med.

We want to do the Greek Islands/Adriatic one day and most of those leave from the likes of Venice. There was a P&O 3 week from S'ton that went to that area but haven't seen it recently.

Mick
Oh yes we had Barcelona booked this year for instant heat

I wouldn't do a two week again from Southampton. Looking at Norwegian fjords but they go every week in May there APART from the week my son is off

Edited at 04:01 PM.
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List