Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Mar 21, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Bad news for Richard Branson and his £1200 economy flights in the school holidays😀
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
This is fantastic news - VA definitely need some competition!
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Northwich View Post
Just to update on this.

The US Department of Transport has now approved Aer Lingus to start selling tickets from its proposed Manchester base, so in the next few weeks (possibly even next few days) I’d keep and eye out as Aer Lingus were keen to start selling flights as soon as possible.
Have we got a link to check out the confirmation of this new route please? Great news.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Northwich
Dancing with Tink'

I’m not allowed to post the link as my account doesn’t have the authority to post external links, but link is on a Twitter SPD_travels.
Northwich is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
So excited a bit more flying competition for Virgin and more choices to fly out of Manchester.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 21, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Northwich View Post
Just to update on this.

The US Department of Transport has now approved Aer Lingus to start selling tickets from its proposed Manchester base, so in the next few weeks (possibly even next few days) I’d keep and eye out as Aer Lingus were keen to start selling flights as soon as possible.
This appeared in Routes Online today:-

"The US Transportation Department (DOT) has granted tentative approval for Irish carrier Aer Lingus to begin marketing its planned UK-US routes.

The airline applied to the DOT in December to operate transatlantic service from Manchester (MAN) to Boston (BOS), New York John F Kennedy (JFK) and Orlando (MCO) with two Airbus A330-300s and two A321LRs.

A new subsidiary called Aer Lingus (U.K.) Ltd has been set up to fly the routes, but the UK-US flights will operate under the Aer Lingus name and have the EI designator code.

The DOT has confirmed that “pendente lite exemption” has been given for the International Airlines Group-owned carrier to begin marketing and sales activities in the UK. However, final approval is being deferred until the UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) issues Aer Lingus (U.K.) with an air operator’s certificate."

DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 21, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
deek72
Serious Dibber

I've just booked via Dublin for August 21. Does anyone know if I'd be able to change to direct?
deek72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 21, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Nazzer
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by deek72 View Post
I've just booked via Dublin for August 21. Does anyone know if I'd be able to change to direct?
If its aer lingus I think you can move it and pay any difference in fees.
Nazzer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 21, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

This is extremely welcome. As Moorland says, the competition has now gone from MAN following the unfortunate demise of TC, and Virgin are incredible prices in school holidays. Competition can only be good for Northern travellers.
Old 9 Mar 21, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

According to spd travels on twitter they are recruiting non flying roles for the Manchester route.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List