Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 7 Mar 21, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Rigstig
Imagineer

Budget at Orlando MCO

When collecting a car with Budget do they select you a specific car or are you sent to a row to pick your own like Alamo do?

Anaheim 2008

California, Arizona and Nevada road trips 2012,2014, 2019
Rigstig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
CCFCRJ
Very Serious Dibber

Specific car I believe
CCFCRJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
lynseymoll
Excited about Disney

Any other experiences of budget?

Always used Alamo but crazy prices this year so booked with budget at the minute.

Xx
Old 7 Mar 21, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lynseymoll View Post
Any other experiences of budget?

Always used Alamo but crazy prices this year so booked with budget at the minute.

Xx
Budget are my most frequently used car hire company for 5 reasons.

1. I am not a car buff and simply want a decent car in the group ordered.. or an upgrade.
2. I rarely collect cars from MCO, generally collecting from Holiday Inn after getting my Universal RPR fix and as I move on to a villa. that means Budget or Avis.
3. They have never let me down or tried to gouge me.
4. They have invariably been competitive.
5. I never return a car to the place from which I hired it, more likely a departure airport. This seems no problem to Budget.

Edited at 11:43 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I’ve used budget several times
Only advice stand your ground know the class of car you booked and insist on it don’t
Even think about that upgrade they offer till you’ve been told what car you are getting
The upgrade is often the only class of car they have left never accept a down grade
and at the garage if it’s a clunker go back to the in garage desk and be in charge that you are expecting them to sort it now and check check your paperwork before driving away and on car return and query it there and then and don’t budge if you think it’s wrong or except oh we will email your bill nope nope nope I want it now hard copy and
Keep a note of any tolls you go through if using their toll pass if not make sure it says toll /sunpass refused on paperwork before you leave the garage and if it has a transponder make sure it’s off
Just read read read the paperwork
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 21, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
I’ve used budget several times
Only advice stand your ground know the class of car you booked and insist on it don’t
Even think about that upgrade they offer till you’ve been told what car you are getting
The upgrade is often the only class of car they have left never accept a down grade
and at the garage if it’s a clunker go back to the in garage desk and be in charge that you are expecting them to sort it now and check check your paperwork before driving away and on car return and query it there and then and don’t budge if you think it’s wrong or except oh we will email your bill nope nope nope I want it now hard copy and
Keep a note of any tolls you go through if using their toll pass if not make sure it says toll /sunpass refused on paperwork before you leave the garage and if it has a transponder make sure it’s off
Just read read read the paperwork
Perfect advice and clearly you've used Budget before

The main pitfall with Budget is the rental desk. Their staff are sometimes known to add on extra insurance in the hope you don't spot it when you sign so really make sure you read the screen where it has the big 'AGREE' button.. specifically that the estimated charges states $0.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 21, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
pappy
Gone all Goofy

Hi. Andy on your website thrifty seemed to have disappeared, is there a reason?
pappy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List