Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 4 Sep 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

What are your priorities?

DH and I were discussing the cruise we have booked for next summer & deciding what sort of potential restrictions would make us cancel.

We decided we can have a great time without deck parties, we can make do with reservations only for the kids club and can tolerate masks in public areas.

Our priorities which we won't compromise on are room service, evening shows & hot tubs.

We are undecided whether characters are a big deal for us. It's nice to see them but our kids are old enough now that's it's not the main attraction. However I'm not sure it would feel so Disney like without them and do like to get the odd photo, especially as it's my 13 year old step daughters first time going.

What will it take for you to say no?
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Good q! We won't cruise again till we get a vaccine as I am immune suppressed so too risky.

If that wasn't my situ I would think v much along the same lines as u except for the hot tubs! Always feel they are ridden with diseases!

I think if I was paying the big bucks for a Disney cruise I would like some sort of character meets otherwise you may as well be on a different liner.
Old 4 Sep 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We have had lots of discussions about this and have not rebooked for next year as think there are too many unknowns. Disney cruises cost a lot so if some of their selling points aren't available then that's a big deal for us. We were booked on a western carribean cruise for August but masks in that heat is not something we would want to deal with. May be more happy if we were on say a Northern Europe where it would be cooler. We will be waiting till they announce changes before we decide but I think in reality we will wait till its back to near normal before we go again. Can't wait to get back on board but think we would be unhappy till there is a vaccine

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ciano View Post
Good q! We won't cruise again till we get a vaccine as I am immune suppressed so too risky.

If that wasn't my situ I would think v much along the same lines as u except for the hot tubs! Always feel they are ridden with diseases!

I think if I was paying the big bucks for a Disney cruise I would like some sort of character meets otherwise you may as well be on a different liner.
That's the conclusion we came to regarding the characters, for the price you need to see the Disney difference.

I love a bit of late evening hot tub time to finish off the day. Always peaceful!
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dippiedawnie View Post
We have had lots of discussions about this and have not rebooked for next year as think there are too many unknowns. Disney cruises cost a lot so if some of their selling points aren't available then that's a big deal for us. We were booked on a western carribean cruise for August but masks in that heat is not something we would want to deal with. May be more happy if we were on say a Northern Europe where it would be cooler. We will be waiting till they announce changes before we decide but I think in reality we will wait till its back to near normal before we go again. Can't wait to get back on board but think we would be unhappy till there is a vaccine
We were Mexican Riviera in April, now Caribbean in August. We've got used to wearing masks alot but you're right, it would be different in the heat.

We changed cruises in the hope that we'll know restrictions before balance is due so we can move it if we don't want to travel.
Old 4 Sep 20, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by magickate View Post
We were Mexican Riviera in April, now Caribbean in August. We've got used to wearing masks alot but you're right, it would be different in the heat.

We changed cruises in the hope that we'll know restrictions before balance is due so we can move it if we don't want to travel.

Sensible plan 😊.

I keep looking for next Sept for cooler cruises before the Magic heads back West. In reality I think it might be 2022 for us though 🙁

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
It's funny - we've cruised 4 or 5 times now and keep intending to make use of room service, but we never have. We eat so well at meal times, we just don't have the tummy capacity to get extra food sent to the room!

I think I'm also post-vaccine. I just wouldn't want to be in the position of having to mask on/mask off here, there and everywhere. I'm fully supportive of mask wearing and believe it's absolutely the right thing to be doing right now, but it's not the holiday vibe I'm looking for.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
It's funny - we've cruised 4 or 5 times now and keep intending to make use of room service, but we never have. We eat so well at meal times, we just don't have the tummy capacity to get extra food sent to the room!

I think I'm also post-vaccine. I just wouldn't want to be in the position of having to mask on/mask off here, there and everywhere. I'm fully supportive of mask wearing and believe it's absolutely the right thing to be doing right now, but it's not the holiday vibe I'm looking for.
Room service eaten out on the verandah was really lovely. So calm and breakfast in particular was great, a real relaxing way to start the day.

Totally understandable way to feel about the masks. We just got back from Turkey where you wear them in all public areas and it didn't bother us in the slightest.
Old 4 Sep 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dippiedawnie View Post
Sensible plan 😊.

I keep looking for next Sept for cooler cruises before the Magic heads back West. In reality I think it might be 2022 for us though 🙁
Every chance it'll be 2022 for us too, difficult year with school exams so would still have to be August but if restrictions for 2021 put us off I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. That's if sailings even happen in 2021 which of course isn't guaranteed!
Old 4 Sep 20, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by magickate View Post
Room service eaten out on the verandah was really lovely. So calm and breakfast in particular was great, a real relaxing way to start the day.

Totally understandable way to feel about the masks. We just got back from Turkey where you wear them in all public areas and it didn't bother us in the slightest.
The only time we ate on the verandah was on Castaway Cay on one cruise when we were up early as we were running the 5k - I dashed up to Cabanas and grabbed some pastries which we ate outside so we didn't disturb the kids.

Bizarrely, I don't think we've ever considered ordering Room Service for breakfast. Next time!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List