Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 6 Dec 20, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

P & O prices for 2021

Just looked at a week long cruise out of Malta to Croatia in Aug 2021... balcony cabin.

It would appear that the cost of the week cruise now comes in more than a recent Caribbean 2 week cruise (same spec cabins) I can’t see this as a good recovery plan from P&O.

Anyone else noticed prices going through the roof?
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 20, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Mobile

To be honest after the third one was cancelled this year I’ve stopped looking! I’m not booking any more holidays until I know travel is opened up again - fingers crossed prices are more normal then!

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 20, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
To be honest after the third one was cancelled this year I’ve stopped looking! I’m not booking any more holidays until I know travel is opened up again - fingers crossed prices are more normal then!
Yes it may be some time before I embark on a cruise again after two cancellations
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 20, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

We booked a princess cruise last week for June '21 and got a cracking deal,
Regal princess, unobstructed balcony, all tips, premium drinks , wifi, 8 nights to Scandinavia from Southampton . £1,009 pp £50 deposit. If they cancel us we are refunded or we can move it to another cruise if we decide not to go and if they are a lot more expensive we figured we could risk losing the deposit
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 20, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

We’ve had several cruises cancelled and have two booked (June and August 21 on Princess). The fares for our booked cruises aren’t too bad at just under £95pppn for a balcony cabin (no drinks packages etc). Looking ahead there does seem to be a price hike but it might be something the cruise lines think will work out because of all the future cruise credits that regulars have in their accounts, just itching to spend before it expires.
To be fair to Princess, of the cruises we had cancelled, four were on £1 deposits but they gave us £100 per person per booking as a fcc. They’ll be trying to recoup that generosity somehow!
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 20, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
We booked a princess cruise last week for June '21 and got a cracking deal,
Regal princess, unobstructed balcony, all tips, premium drinks , wifi, 8 nights to Scandinavia from Southampton . £1,009 pp £50 deposit. If they cancel us we are refunded or we can move it to another cruise if we decide not to go and if they are a lot more expensive we figured we could risk losing the deposit
Who did you book with please? It sounds good and I might be interested.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 20, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Who did you book with please? It sounds good and I might be interested.
ROL cruises but it was a black friday deal so that will have probably finished now,
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Thank you.

Unfortunately the ships are too big for us.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 20, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
john w
Getting Excited

we have A P&O cruise booked for next year. Had paid in full when it was cancelled.
Move from this May to next June. Paid with future cruise credit. was £660 more but we got the same amount in onboard credit.
john w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Just checked again... The cost is halved if the trip is taken in June...I forgot the School holidays! Doh!

Balcony Cabin comes out at £1200 pp for a 7 Day cruise... much better.