Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 20 Dec 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

When are you getting the fresh veg?

Trying to work out when will be best time to get the fresh veg? Leave it to christmas eve or eatlier in the week?
Old 20 Dec 20, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

We have got most of ours . Just cauliflower and salad stuff to get. Will get the rest on weds as I won’t be going anywhere but to the hairdresser who happens to be my daughter on Xmas Eve .

Edited at 12:40 PM.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

Wednesday for me as our shops fresh stuff comes in Tuesday night.
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I have most stuff but sprouts and cabbage and fruiit want as fresh as possible, just dreading it being busy! Have breakfast with santa booked on wednesday if it still goes ahead so might need to go after that. X am thinking tuesday will be too early.
Old 20 Dec 20, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

I have carrots, potatoes and swede. Going to late Monday or Tuesday night for sprouts (and bread and milk). Can't go Wednesday as it's ds3 11th birthday.
jndt is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I have an order with my greengrocer and I’m collecting it on Wednesday. I already gave the potatoes as we buy a sack.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Picking mine up on Christmas Eve from a farm shop with the turkey and creme
It's ordered and drive through pick up only our pick up time is 7 am so DH will be going
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Tend to use frozen veg these days for less waste. We have though bought fresh sprouts which have been prepped and are now in freezer. Carrots are in fridge with parsips which I'll prob roast and again pop in freezer for ease.
Mrs Red C is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
masterchef
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Mrs Red C View Post
Tend to use frozen veg these days for less waste. We have though bought fresh sprouts which have been prepped and are now in freezer. Carrots are in fridge with parsips which I'll prob roast and again pop in freezer for ease.
Frozen vegetables are fresher than so called fresh
masterchef is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Tesco in Cardiff had a lot of veg for 29p yesterday, not clearance regular veg , I bought everything and it will stay in my cool dark garage
I may buy additional sprouts as we will probably use them before other than that we have everything including cream.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List