Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 21 Dec 20, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

We did Aldi at lunchtime. It was busy, but not too busy IYKWIM. We got virtually everything we wanted.
Old 21 Dec 20, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Christmas was cancelled here on Saturday.
My son was going to come up for Xmas day and now he has to spend the day on his own. Absolutely gutted . His presents are under the tree so don’t know when he will get them
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I only need to collect our M&S order on Wednesday morning - but then to buy another present for our grandniece! I did a present drop to my sisters last week (first time i've seen her since March) with all their family presents and took the wrong grandniece's present so it's stuck 30 miles away with no chance of getting it back for Christmas.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

I entered into Asda this morning 5.40 ( normally each year I rock up at 4.30 lol)

A little busy , but shelves fully stocked , loads of veg, and at 20p a bag for sprouts, carrots, broccoli which was a good buy.
I always start my Christmas food shop in October , and buy something weekly, so today was just about a normal weeks shop and a few nibbles bits and dips etc

Glad it’s all done and I can relax

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Managed to get into M&S foodhall today, no queue got some last minute bits, including some mini choc Colin the Caterpillars( for Santa! ), i only need to get cabbage and can get that at local co-op hopefully. Have a click and collect to get thursday along with M&s food pick ip at 7.30. Now looking forward to doing not much, going to aee Elf at cinema tomoro, wednsday breakfast with santa hopefully. X
Old 21 Dec 20, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I was going to make my mince pies today but don’t need to now DS and his fiancée can’t come to stay. I’ve already got far too much food for just 3 of us so no point in making more 😢

My last delivery arrived today so I can finish wrapping gifts tomorrow. I’m trying to be cheerful for DD’s sake, but she’s snowed under with uni work too and DH is working until 6am on Christmas Eve so it’s just not feeling Christmassy at all
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I still have few bits to wrap, drop presents round to my brother's doorstep and fresh food shop which I'm planning to try and do tomorrow evening if there is anything left on the shelves 🙄
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 20, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Don’t forget your carrots ... (grown in Spain)

Edited at 07:30 AM.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 20, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I look forward to a quiet Christmas just the 4 of us. We are not changing anything compared to a normal Christmas and will have other family members on videocall.

My last foodshop arrives Weds morning - hopefully with the Turkey breast and the fresh veg etc - or else my DH has to brave the shops.

All presents wrapped 👍

Made the gravy yesterday and its now in freezer. Baked bread on Sunday. Making gingerbread house with the kids today.
Old 22 Dec 20, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Working this morning for 5hrs then thats me done for holidays.
Asda shop came yesterday. Going to mame cranberry sauce and some reindeer cookies with son today.
Beds stripped tomorrow and set table.
Morrisons food to order to collect Thurs.
Then anything not done, tough!
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List