Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 5 Jan 21, 01:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Because of my joints, the most comfiest way for me to eat is with my knees bent to the left and my feet to the right, cushion on my lap, plate on that. We do have a table we can sit at, but unless we have people over, we very rarely use it. Sometimes on a big meal we might use it.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 01:04 AM  
Link to this Post
holidayforever
Serious Dibber

I always eat my meal in front of TV on one of those padded Trays and DH likes to have his meal at table .
holidayforever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 02:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Lately, now Im on my own, its knee dinner time for me. My dog sits next to me

When the children visit or when I was with my partner, we would eat at the dining table.
Old 5 Jan 21, 02:46 AM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

Kitchen table for breakfast and lunch, dining room for dinner, although I eat my cereal in the sitting room when the children go to school.
We eat “family style” so there would be dishes all over the sitting room floor.
vowels is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

Always at a table growing up and in my house now it's the same too. My nana in her later years had hers on a tray on her lap as she didn't have space in her flat.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Dining table for us, although growing up it was always on a tray in front of the TV. We had a dining table but it was just used for special occasions.

I agree with a previous poster that the dibb isn't representative of the general population. I know plenty of people without space for a dining table and they always eat from trays. There will be many dining tables being used as desks again now.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

There are many in this country who don’t have a dining table/breakfast bar or the room for either so they have no choice.
Others find it odd that people manage to eat a dinner on a tray/on a knee. I find it odd that others find that odd & that they think that all have a choice in this.
We do have a dining table; never use it; trays on our knees all the way.

Edited at 08:58 AM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

It depends for us. We have a table, it is used as a home office at the moment. We use for meals at the weekend, but during the week we generally use a tray. No telly while we eat though, we are talkers at mealtimes.

(The table is in our "lounge diner", bit of a triumph of terminology over experience... a lounge with room for a small table against the wall in the corner)
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by cheekydeeky View Post
We eat all meals on our knees. Well, we aren’t on our knees - we are sitting on our bums with trays on our knees .

Both brought up as one of five in houses with no table (nor room for one).

We do have a dining room now but it’s only used at Christmas (until the week before Xmas it was also my office since being forced to WFH but I’ve now relocated to the spare bedroom).

As stated on another thread I don’t think the DIBB is an accurate representation of the population and I suspect many people eat their meals from trays on their laps.
We are exactly the same!
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

as a general rule, we eat most meals on the sofa... although we tend to eat off the coffee table rather than our knees.

we use the dining room table for more "special" meals, or ones that require effort to cut/eat, or ones with a lot of sauce/gravy that could easily be spilled. oh, or if we have people over for a meal

but yeah, i'd say a good 80% of our meals are eaten whilst sat on the sofa
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List