Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 8 Jan 21, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
rylisal
Imagineer

Help with pricing DCL

Having now decided to abandon our plans from this year to 2022, I'm now considering adding on a 4 night Disney Cruise.
We've not cruise on DCL for many years now so I've seen a considerable jump in price! 😳

Is £4119 an okay price for 2x Inside staterooms?
2 adults + 16yr old
2 adults + Infant

It's about £800 more for verandahs.
Worth it or not?
I can't imagine we will spend much time in the rooms...

TIA 😀
Miami 1991(honeymoon!),Quality Inn Int Dv 1992,Buenaventura lakes Villa 1993,Quality Inn Int Dv 1995,Quality Inn Int dv 1997,Days Inn Lakeside 2000,Masters Inn Maingate 2002,Ramada Plaza MGate 2004, Liki Tiki Feb 2007 & Disney Wonder Cruise,DLP Feb '08,Terre Verde,DCL & Indian Shores Oct '08,Canada Aug09,June/July '10 CP & RPR, Feb/Mar '14 Mystic Dunes, Unversals RPR & POR, June/July '16 Florida road trip Sept '18 DLP!
rylisal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
deano1212
slightly serious Dibber

deano1212's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
It depends where your cruising. For us, in the Bahamas, the verandah was well worth the extra. It was great sitting outside with your own privacy at night watching the sea. If your taking a cruise somewhere cold though I wouldn’t spend the extra cash
deano1212 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Don’t discount other cruise lines

We have cruised DCL a couple of times and actually prefer others now especially when you factor in the huge price difference 😳
Old 9 Jan 21, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Imo Disney is great if you have younger children but with a 16 yr old and an infant I dont know if it is worth the extra..anyhow only my opinion! Otherwise we always take 2 x interior cabins for price reasons but would much prefer balcony. Had 2 x balcony cabins booked for last year 🥲
Its not just having more space its being able to get some fresh air and listening to the ocean go by.
Old 9 Jan 21, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
pubguv
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi
We cruised Disney a few times when the kids were little but now we cruise NCL my 16 year old cant get enough of the clubs for her age group. Last year our cruise was Half the price of a comparable Disney one and our one included all free drinks for everyone . I loved our Disney cruises then
but would I pay that now No chance .
pubguv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ciano View Post
Imo Disney is great if you have younger children but with a 16 yr old and an infant I dont know if it is worth the extra..anyhow only my opinion! Otherwise we always take 2 x interior cabins for price reasons but would much prefer balcony. Had 2 x balcony cabins booked for last year 🥲
Its not just having more space its being able to get some fresh air and listening to the ocean go by.
I would agree,look at other short cruises from Port Canaveral for example Royal Carribbean.
Old 9 Jan 21, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
pubguv
Proud to wear my Ears

To add to my post 3 adults and 1 16 year old in a large balcony cabin NCL Getaway 11 nights cruise med Italy Greece Islands France Croatia and Montenegro Including drinks in August £4600
pubguv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by pubguv View Post
Hi
We cruised Disney a few times when the kids were little but now we cruise NCL my 16 year old cant get enough of the clubs for her age group. Last year our cruise was Half the price of a comparable Disney one and our one included all free drinks for everyone . I loved our Disney cruises then
but would I pay that now No chance .
Us too! Had a much better experience on NCL for a third of the price!
Old 10 Jan 21, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
rylisal
Imagineer

Thanks for all your responses!

I probably should have said that we all love Disney, including the 16 yr old so for this type of cruise from PC to Bahamas it has to be Disney!
Miami 1991(honeymoon!),Quality Inn Int Dv 1992,Buenaventura lakes Villa 1993,Quality Inn Int Dv 1995,Quality Inn Int dv 1997,Days Inn Lakeside 2000,Masters Inn Maingate 2002,Ramada Plaza MGate 2004, Liki Tiki Feb 2007 & Disney Wonder Cruise,DLP Feb '08,Terre Verde,DCL & Indian Shores Oct '08,Canada Aug09,June/July '10 CP & RPR, Feb/Mar '14 Mystic Dunes, Unversals RPR & POR, June/July '16 Florida road trip Sept '18 DLP!
rylisal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by rylisal View Post
Thanks for all your responses!

I probably should have said that we all love Disney, including the 16 yr old so for this type of cruise from PC to Bahamas it has to be Disney!
I would look at it this way. You are paying a high premium to sail with DCL compared to other cruise lines. If you take the balcony cabin and sit there you could be on any ship. The premium you pay is for the rest of the ship.

We tend to take inside cabins on cruises. Partly because I like to use the money I save for other things on the ship but also because there are always lots of lovely places to sit and watch the world go by and also people watch.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List