Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 6 Feb 21, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
as well as sat bains and his mums curry, local boys johnny pusztai (the snobby butcher) and lawrence henry (recent winner of masterchef the professionals) have teamed up and launched THE SNOBBY BURGER. its not a cook at home thing, but wow! if you are in the notts area, then pay a visit...

snobbyburger/

we had ours the other night (they opened this week) and they are some of the best burgers we've *ever* had! price-wise, they are on a par with annies burger shack or five guys

the juicy lucy cheeseburger. there is molten cheese in the middle. they make their own "processed cheese" concoction. remember this is designed by a masterchef winner!

"Taking things to the next level, our best ever cheeseburger builds on the snobby burger with the addition of a ‘melt in the middle’ extra mature cheese sauce & crispy cheese coating."

Magyar Imperial Burger

A nod to Johnny’s Hungarian roots, a spiced Kolbas pork burger – more traditionally seen as a cured sausage – is served in Langos bread (a Hungarian fried bread) with sauerkraut, pickles & smoked sour cream.

and Cheesy Dog... A special Cumberland sausage with mature cheddar cheese running throughout, finished with caramelised onions, lettuce, American mustard, smoky chipotle ketchup & a little snobby cheese sauce. All served in a toasted brioche bun.

its only available for people within 5 miles of ng5, but if you can, get ordering! (or go visit the restaurant when things reopen)
My husband is from NG5 and his family are all still there. If, I mean when, we get to visit again we might tell them we are sorting dinner. Those chips look nice.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 21, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
pandagirl
Proud to wear my Ears

We were given a voucher for Haar@Home for Christmas and ordered the Best of Land & Sea box - steak and lobster, it was delicious! The chef is Dean Banks (Masterchef finalist)
pandagirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 21, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Perhaps not what you’re after but we had some of the @Bao_London kits for DS’s birthday. Delicious!
An old friend of mine has started offering these kits and I’m considering one for Valentine’s; Parlour by Matt Gillan
Ooh, also the Wild Rabbit area offering one.
We love that place so that might be what I go for actually

Edited at 10:28 PM.
Vanillapod is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 21, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My cousin got a Tommy Banks signature box for his wife’s birthday. He took pics of each stage and product and posted as they were having it. It looked really good and he said it was delicious
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by pandagirl View Post
We were given a voucher for Haar@Home for Christmas and ordered the Best of Land & Sea box - steak and lobster, it was delicious! The chef is Dean Banks (Masterchef finalist)
I took a look at that one and put some fairly expensive items in my basket including a nice bottle of wine. They wanted to charge me £10 delivery on my £270 order. They lost my business right there.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 21, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m waiting on a slot to become available for Rogan @ Home. I’ve had Hawksmoor Sunday roast which was delicious and also Wood at Home by Simon Wood who has a restaurant in Manchester and won Masterchef. It was a tasting menu so small portions but perfect for me.

I recently signed up to Pasta Evangelista which so far has been fab. I like that I can get tea on the table quickly on a work night. I’ve tried a few of their dishes and all of them have been good particularly the crab ravioli.

I love this thread some great ideas!

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 21, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_noob
Very Serious Dibber

We are having a meal kit from Adam Reid (from the French at the Midland Hotel In Manchester and masterchef) love the food in the restaurant (easily on a par with michelin food we have had before) and his weekly kits sell out in very quick time, its a 4 course valentines menu!.
florida_noob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 21, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I ordered the Rick Stein hake box in December for my dad and husband, mum ended up splitting it into 2 packages as we couldn’t bubble up as intended.

I don’t eat fish but they both loved it. Perfectly portioned, easy to prepare and looked fancy. I’d probably add a bottle of Rick Stein wine if I was ordering again (and I will).
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 21, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

just been to pick up this little beauty from restaurant sat bains. thats valentines sorted!

plus a bonus butter sauce sachet to go with some chicken thighs sometime next week!

it took all my effort not to eat one of the samosas (in the paper bag) while i was driving home... they smell SO GOOD!

wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 21, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by wanye View Post
just been to pick up this little beauty from restaurant sat bains. thats valentines sorted!

plus a bonus butter sauce sachet to go with some chicken thighs sometime next week!

it took all my effort not to eat one of the samosas (in the paper bag) while i was driving home... they smell SO GOOD!

Show us what it’s like when you’ve made it please Wanye
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List