Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Feb 21, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Chappers
Having Dinner with Goofy

Moved ours today to September-October. We were originally booked for May 2020 and weve moved it 3 times now.

Feeling more hopeful that we may actually get there this year now 🤞🤞
Mrs Chappers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We were due to go September 2020, then moved to July 2021 and are now going for 2 weeks over the half term in October! I’m feeling more hopeful especially with the government stating that international travel can potentially go ahead after May 17th (obviously I’m aware this is all down to lots of factors!)

I know the US is getting on with their vaccinations, for every 100 people 20 are vaccinated and they’ve so far done over 68 millions vaccinations! They still have a fair bit to do but it’s giving me hope that by October things should be a little bit more normal

I do wonder with all the talk of vaccine passports whether they will make it so those who get vaccinated don't have to quarantine and those who don't will. That'll then force the ones who don't want the vaccine to get it if they want to travel, not that the gov should look to do that as they can't force anyone to get the jab!

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023

Edited at 07:57 PM.
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

We have booked October as a back up if August doesn’t go ahead. August is with all our (teen/adult) kids, October is just the 2 of us.

3/4 adults in our house vaccinated and 4th adult should be this week. Other 2 are under 18 so no jabs for them. Let’s see what Boris and Joe can sort out for us to travel. 🤞🏼🤞🏼

We aren’t bothered by PCR tests and restrictions as we did that last year (Dubai) and had a fantastic holiday. If we are allowed in the country, we will be on the plane! Positive thinking 😊
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I think the only two things that would stop us are
Having to quarantine either end
And under 16s needing to be jabbed as who knows how long that will take and I’ve 4 under 16
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
the willys
Excited about Disney

We are 12th October! Feeling positive but my only concern is my 2 younger children wont have been vaccinated. We are quietly optimistic but preparing for a plan B just incase
Old 28 Feb 21, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
irnjaw
Very Serious Dibber

Yes! We're booked for 2nd to 22nd Oct this year, booked it December 2019. 2 nights in St Pete Beach, then 18 nights at a villa. Don't care about mask wearing, it's the prospect of quarantine that would scupper our plans. But as someone has said, it's more than 6 months away, a lot can and will change, hopefully all for the better. Let's hope we make it 🤞🤞

First trip to Florida: June 2013
First family trip: Disney Oct 2019
Latest family trip to Florida: Treasure Island, Universal October 2022
irnjaw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
birchco
Imagineer

birchco's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Feeling hopeful, we are a family of 9 travelling BA on 21st October. Keep getting that excited feeling and then thinking i shouldnt be getting excited as it might not happen.
Old 28 Feb 21, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by the willys View Post
We are 12th October! Feeling positive but my only concern is my 2 younger children wont have been vaccinated. We are quietly optimistic but preparing for a plan B just incase
Same date as me
Virgin from manchester
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 2020holibubbles View Post
Another October hopeful here 😍

So, it might not be the ‘full’ Disney experience but we are willing to trade off some elements and enjoy the parks and rides and food with some social distancing, mask wearing. We can accept pre departure checks (PCRs, enhanced insurance, vacc certs, etc) for a decent holiday out of this country, at a snip of the price we were expecting to pay when I originally started researching a Florida holiday. Quarantine... probably a deal breaker but we shall see on that. As things stand we have a package booked with only a small deposit paid which can be exchanged for a travel voucher if we can’t travel, balanced to be paid 3 weeks before departure.

I have theview that 2023 will be the year to see the parades, the character meets, the shows, and the fireworks (and that’s me accepting and assuming that they won’t be back in 7months... but some of these may be back), because let’s face it, you can’t get every single experience in one trip anyway 🙂

I’m about to book my premier inn and airport parking (all with free cancellation).
I have booked my park tickets (with the free cancellation insurance).
I’m planning until I’m told I can’t go 👍
I could have written this. We are due to go in the 22/10, but we also have a trip booked in august, so if we go on that one, I’m sure October will happen. I’m actually confident we will get to go on both.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyfan14
Getting Excited

I think personally it will be quarantine for those who are either unable to have the vaccine or choose not to have it. There is also the fact that although the government can not force people to have the vaccine ultimatly it will be the individuals choice because if your unable to have it due to a medical condition as an example I would really question whether should be travelling in the first place and should instead shield. Also just as its the individuals choice than by using same logic it can go the other way too and be argued its the country your visiting choice or the businesses choice and if it means some people can have some normality rather than none its honestly better this way due to the risk of businesses closing and the fact the queen has stated that to not have the vaccine is selfish if no "genuine medical" exclusion is preventing it. I also think that quarantine will be tied up with a test and release scheme too so that if no infection shown will be able to leave quarantine shortly afterwards.

Edited at 11:39 PM.
disneyfan14 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List