Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Mar 21, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Is there any way to book flights risk-free?

...or at least as risk-free as insured flights were before covid was ever a thing?

We’ve got a Florida cruise booked for Easter 2022, so I guess I’ll be looking at flights in the next couple of months. We have annual travel insurance that won’t cover us for covid-related issues, so I know we’ll need to arrange separate covid insurance. Our cruise is fully refundable up to January 2022, but I don’t want to commit to flights without knowing we can get the money back if we have to cancel.

I’ve seen about airlines that offer rebooking etc, and insurance that will cover you if you get covid while on holiday, etc, but I just want to be sure there’s no possibility of us losing our money, before we book.

eg what if one of us tests positive at the airport? Is there any way of getting your money back / rebooking your flights at that point? Is there insurance that covers this? I thought I knew exactly what our insurance needed to cover when we last booked, but now I feel lost with all the possible covid scenarios that could scupper our plans.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Have you considered turning the flights into a package? With BA you can add a night at a hotel with the flights to make a package, and only pay a deposit. Balance isn’t due until 3 weeks before travel.
Old 5 Mar 21, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
Have you considered turning the flights into a package? With BA you can add a night at a hotel with the flights to make a package, and only pay a deposit. Balance isn’t due until 3 weeks before travel.
Or flights and car with BA. Deposit only.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

We've booked flights and car with BA, means we've currently only paid a deposit and flights can be moved or vouchers issued if there's a covid issue.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

We are planning to book Easter 2022 with BA. I think this is the most risk free way!
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
JimmyCricket
Excited about Disney

Agreed BA package with either a car or a hotel night is the best option.
JimmyCricket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
From the limited "pool" that I've seen the "money back guarantee" doesn't exist but there is a difference between if they cancel & if you cancel: The latter & you will get a voucher as it's your choice, the theory being is that your Airline's only contract is to get you there & back not whether you can get in, if the flight is going then... The former & you will be entitled to your money back but Airlines are only really cancelling flights approx 30 days before.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 21, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Also just to add with the BA adding a hotel option, you can actually add an airport hotel the night before the flight and it still acts as a package so only a small deposit.
Old 5 Mar 21, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Brilliant advice about using BA and making it a package, thank you!

Ill go and have a look at possible ways we can do this - we’re thinking of flying from London if it’s cheaper (which it probably will be) so we’ll be wanting an airport hotel anyway.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List