Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Mar 21, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Love this sentiment! It’s definitely not something you want to skimp on. I always check for the same, no excess and unlimited medical... having said that there are some times those companies who charge way above others for the same service.

But yes, I’d never want to find out I wasn’t covered or didn’t have enough cover when ill in the US.

I always keep in mind that their healthcare system has bankrupted many people - I don’t want to end up one of them
One of the regular threads that I post on is car hire and that you must never accept the criminally low SLI (EP) cover of $25k offered by some in their basic car hire prices (yes I'm looking at you in your red uniforms ) and having to pay more than hiring separately to top it up to $1m. Injure someone in a crash that's your fault with only $25k = hello bankruptcy

Mick
Old 7 Mar 21, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
One of the regular threads that I post on is car hire and that you must never accept the criminally low SLI (EP) cover of $25k offered by some in their basic car hire prices (yes I'm looking at you in your red uniforms ) and having to pay more than hiring separately to top it up to $1m. Injure someone in a crash that's your fault with only $25k = hello bankruptcy

Mick
Blimey 25k for car cover it’s one of those things insurance.. you don’t realise how cheap it is in comparison to actually needing it.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Blimey 25k for car cover it’s one of those things insurance.. you don’t realise how cheap it is in comparison to actually needing it.
Sorry SM I wasn't clear in my post. I'm not sure if you hire a car over there but one of the insurances offered by REPUTABLE UK brokers is Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI) aka Extended Protection, This is to cover your liability should you injure a third party in a car crash. Our red coated friends offer only $25K or $30K cover unless you pay a few hundred pounds more to upgrade to $1m cover. $25k might pay for a night in hospital and a couple of Band Aids.

Mick
Old 7 Mar 21, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sorry SM I wasn't clear in my post. I'm not sure if you hire a car over there but one of the insurances offered by REPUTABLE UK brokers is Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI) aka Extended Protection, This is to cover your liability should you injure a third party in a car crash. Our red coated friends offer only $25K or $30K cover unless you pay a few hundred pounds more to upgrade to $1m cover. $25k might pay for a night in hospital and a couple of Band Aids.

Mick
Thanks for explaining Mick. I thought that’s what you meant. I mean 25k just seems so little - I can’t believe they recommend that as the standard. Like you say.. if you injure someone in a car crash in the US you can bet your life it’s costing more than 25K!

It always reminds me of the threads where people say they can’t afford insurance... if couldn’t afford the insurance it would be no US holidays for me. The risk is just not worth it.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List