Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 24 Aug 19, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
Looks like a copy right infringement to me.
Did those passes have copyright?
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

So, someone wants to do something nice for another person which is a bit different to the norm and all some people can come up with it negative comments or questioning it... Sometimes this forum is beyond belief
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
So, someone wants to do something nice for another person which is a bit different to the norm and all some people can come up with it negative comments or questioning it... Sometimes this forum is beyond belief
there is a procedure in place - compliments given via the procedure mean something good for the CM and their career.

The thought is that people do this "extra" thing then eventually don't bother with the official system because this way is less hassle to the visitor. The CM misses out. The visitor thinks they are doing a nice thing (with the bonus of no hassle of having to remember a name and fill out a form) - and yes - it is a nice thing - but it is nicer for the CM if they follow the official way. So this makes it all about the visitor feeling good, when the intention was for the CM to benefit.

More people are doing this as the idea is spread. More official forms will be forgotten about.

So questioning it is a good thing - providing a reminder that the form needs to be filled in too.

Edited at 08:25 AM.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I agree, it’s a lovely idea and OP has already said (twice) that she will tweet the compliment through the ‘official’ channels as well, but I imagine it would make most CM’s feel great and smile, which I believe was the intention...
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
there is a procedure in place - compliments given via the procedure mean something good for the CM and their career.

The thought is that people do this "extra" thing then eventually don't bother with the official system because this way is less hassle to the visitor. The CM misses out. The visitor thinks they are doing a nice thing (with the bonus of no hassle of having to remember a name and fill out a form) - and yes - it is a nice thing - but it is nicer for the CM if they follow the official way. So this makes it all about the visitor feeling good, when the intention was for the CM to benefit.

More people are doing this as the idea is spread. More official forms will be forgotten about.

So questioning it is a good thing - providing a reminder that the form needs to be filled in too.
Questioning is good, negative comments aren't and some on here have been bizarre.

Having a structure in place such as a form is good but only using that is a tad restrictive.. taking it to the extreme do folks stop saying thank you to the CM in question and go fill the form instead.

This thread is about doing something that a 20 month old child can give to a CM so that it's instantaneous, it's hardly going to start a trend that results in thousands and thousands doing it.

Personally not knowing the OP I can't comment on whether it makes the visitor feel good or not, you may know them better and are able to make that judgement.
Old 18 Jul 22, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
jontwist
Proud to wear my Ears

jontwist's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We’ve had some great interactions with Disney Cast Members this trip, so I thought I’d bring this thread up to remind people that in the MDE app there is a way of sending Cast Compliments that easily allow you send a thank you to CMs that have made your day.
jontwist is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 22, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
kikimouse
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Cast Compliment

You can actually leave a cast compliment via MDE. It’s on the main page withall your tip board and future plans. Scroll to the bottom or you can use the Search function.

It’s a Drop down list of options and you can optionally add name of cast member and home town. I’ll be using this on the next trip. No need to go to Guest Services especially after a full day at the park

Also what a sweet idea OP! And it’s never too early to teach manners and an appreciation of service staff
kikimouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List