Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Aug 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by disneylover43 View Post
So we've made a start .
We have been out again this afternoon getting more for Georgia for uni. I think it’s only bedding to get now when she knows what size bed she has.

I would dread to add up how much it has all cost so far. We have paid for most of it, she has bought the ‘cute’ extras 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dubletrub View Post
My son had uni halls at Huddersfield and we/I had to still pay for the full year when he dropped out at Christmas of his 1st year. They said he could try to find someone to take over the lease himself but gave him no help. The company was DIGS and they ran the student accommodation for Huddersfield. Just paid it and told him to forget about it, his dad was very ill and coming to the end of his life with cancer and Huddersfield/DIGS couldn't have cared less, they just wanted their money !
So I would just say go for halls where they will be happy.
That’s awful Dubletrub, you think they could have shown some compassion in those circumstances 😢 .
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Six days to go and no packing done yet...
He’s very laid back about it Mel 😂 , Georgia was just asking when does she need to start packing her suitcase and she has around 6 weeks before she goes. Although I do not know how she is going to decide which clothes to take from her massively over-crowded wardrobe so maybe she should start now 😀
Old 11 Aug 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by rhyger View Post
Yes it's private halls. At £115 a week, 52 weeks is a huge chunk to pay.
That’s hard, especially as they finish early May! Georgia’s rent is around £130 pw but it is for 40-42 weeks not 52, and her term doesn’t end until early June
Old 11 Aug 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

- is that for private accommodation?

O has access from 19th August to 3rd June. It works out at about €52 a week!
That’s so cheap, under half of Georgia’s weekly rent!
Old 11 Aug 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
KC2014
Excited about Disney

Mobile

DS has had an email from Accommodation services from the uni with an induction module to read through incl fire safety, a question/answer page then select his arrival date/time. It is mandatory and they will withhold his room key if he hasn't done induction prior to arrival. His uni halls are 42 weeks at £123 a week.
KC2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dubletrub View Post
😮😮 you would think he is just moving around the corner he is so laid back x
I can see a mad scramble coming at the end of the week

Though we did yesterday get the “Mum, I need ... ” with a list of technology objects (he has just also been accepted on a joint programme with HKUST and an American university that is via a virtual classroom) including a graphics tablet, a wireless mouse, headphones with a microphone and an ethernet cable. Thank goodness for Amazon

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
KC2014
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Six days to go and no packing done yet...
I think DS will be exactly like this 😂.
KC2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

DubT - that is shocking

O has obviously got off lightly on the accommodation fees!

He has also set himself a budget!

I have just been to get his ore-ordered HK$ from the airport. His french credit card will be feeless but as he needs money for the taxi I figured he should have some cash.

I am not so worried about the packing - he has a weight limit and a size limit so whatever he can get in he can after that - tough luck They have shops in HK

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

And how are the English/Welsh little dibbers doing? How much anxiety for Thursday?

Index of my trip reports