Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Aug 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by fizzypop View Post
I was literally just talking to my husband about that! My eldest DD had hers in about the January I think before she went to uni. I’m sure we had a letter but heard nothing this year.

I’m going to phone my GP this morning and see what they say.

Edited to add:

I have just looked at the NHS Wales website (we are in Wales too) at it looks as though they might have had the vaccine while they were in Year 9 or 10 in school. From the dates given, they might have been the first year to have had it. I wonder if this is why my DD hasn’t had a letter.

Here’s the bit on the website

Men ACWY vaccine (teenagers and new university students under the age of 25)

The MenACWY vaccine is offered routinely to all young people around 13/14 years of age (school year 9). All young people above this age but born after 1st September 1996 should already have been offered the vaccine as part of the two year catch up programme, either through the schools based programme or via their GP surgery”
My DD has her’s in school, year 9 I believe. Does she need a booster? I hadn’t heard anything about this 😟
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TINKERBELL44 View Post
Congratulations to you all and good luck with your exciting times ahead.

Unfortunately Thursday brought us bad news when my dd didn’t get the grades she needed to get into Cardiff uni to study physiotherapy. Her grades of B,B,C,D were not good enough. We have had a tough weekend but my dd has decided she really wants to study physiotherapy so will swallow her pride and return to college in September and resit the last year.
It’s been wonderful following all your journeys over the last year xxxxx
I’m so sorry your DD didn’t get the grades needed, although BBCD are not terrible grades. Well done to her for following her dream and resitting, will she need to resit all, or just the C and D grades? That may be less pressure for her.

Please keep joining in on our chats and let us know how she gets on, I’m sure she will get her place next September xx
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
I’ve just read in our local NHS website that dd should have had it at high school neither she or I can remember. I need to get her to ring the surgery this morning to double check I think. Driving test day as well today... it’s all happening here! 😐😂
Good luck to your DD on her driving test. I may have to get Georgia to ring the GP to check she is covered for her meningitis jab too, I know they won’t tell me as she is over 18 now.
Old 19 Aug 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Mobile

Anyone else getting nervous about their child leaving for uni? X
Old 19 Aug 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
My DD has her’s in school, year 9 I believe. Does she need a booster? I hadn’t heard anything about this 😟
I spoke to the practice nurse at our GP’s this morning. My DD had hers in Yr11 according to their records, they are going to print her a list of all of her vaccines. One less thing to think about
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

I’ve just rang the doctors too, Ben had the Men ACWY at school in 2016 so year 10 I guess. Lady said looking at his vaccination record he is all up to date so that’s one less thing to worry about!
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Snowball24 View Post
Yep, nervous, excited for her, and proud of her.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TINKERBELL44 View Post
Congratulations to you all and good luck with your exciting times ahead.

Unfortunately Thursday brought us bad news when my dd didn’t get the grades she needed to get into Cardiff uni to study physiotherapy. Her grades of B,B,C,D were not good enough. We have had a tough weekend but my dd has decided she really wants to study physiotherapy so will swallow her pride and return to college in September and resit the last year.
It’s been wonderful following all your journeys over the last year xxxxx
I am sorry your DD didn’t make her grades. It sounds though she is determined to make it happen.

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by fizzypop View Post
I spoke to the practice nurse at our GP’s this morning. My DD had hers in Yr11 according to their records, they are going to print her a list of all of her vaccines. One less thing to think about
Georgia rang too, and they were very helpful. She is up to date and has had all she needs too thankfully 😀
Old 19 Aug 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Snowball24 View Post
I am nervous, and I will miss her dreadfully but I’m also excited for her to have this opportunity. She has worked so hard for it, and it gives her a chance to achieve so much more in her life. I’m still going to be struggling to hold back the tears on moving in day though