Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 25 Aug 19, 01:04 AM  
Link to this Post
calbear88
New Poster (3)

Hi, I'm a new DVC owner at Saratoga Springs and I'm planning my first trip to that resort on April 12th 2020.

Is it likely that if I choose a preferred deluxe studio, it would be remodeled in time for my trip? My understanding is that there are a total of 7 preferred buildings (4 in congress park and 3 in the springs)

Are they planning on remodeling the Springs after congress park, and how many weeks per building?

Thanks
calbear88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 02:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by calbear88 View Post
Hi, I'm a new DVC owner at Saratoga Springs and I'm planning my first trip to that resort on April 12th 2020.

Is it likely that if I choose a preferred deluxe studio, it would be remodeled in time for my trip? My understanding is that there are a total of 7 preferred buildings (4 in congress park and 3 in the springs)

Are they planning on remodeling the Springs after congress park, and how many weeks per building?

Thanks
Impossible to answer sorry. There is no doubt that by the time of your visit Congress will be done. However I suspect the Paddocks will be next. But who knows. It may be anywhere.

No timescales or details have been released to DVC Owners which is pretty poor bearing in mind we are paying for it!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I think last soft good refurb they did Congress first, then Springs calbear but as Tom says we are in the dark as to where they will go next. If they do Springs next, then you *should* have a good chance by next Spring, but it would be 50/50 if they don’t do Springs next. Personally I am already resigned to not stopping next year and waiting until 2021 as I will not stop in an unrefurbed room.
Old 27 Aug 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Some October and November availability in SSR preferred has appeared. Seems to be that some refurb rooms released back into inventory.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Some October and November availability in SSR preferred has appeared. Seems to be that some refurb rooms released back into inventory.
YT. Not for occupation yet though. All still barriered off.

It seems that are working 24/7 on 6 days a week. Very much a skeleton crew on Sundays. Makes sense. Probably paying overtime for the Saturday which is what I would want if I was onsite.

Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
MrT Anything going on in the Grandstand, still got 3 weeks to change my request
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
howerd
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
SD
We were in grandstand last week and there wasn’t anything going on there apart from remodelling the splash pad bit at the pool.
howerd is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
SD
Nothing going on anywhere at all apart from the two blocks in Congress.

However we have just arrived back here and we are in Block 3. Nothing really going on here but I have spotted some broken shingles have been replaced as they are white but the shingle wall is green.

Obviously a carpenter/roofer was scratching for work to do so moved to the next block

Old 28 Aug 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by howerd View Post
We were in grandstand last week and there wasn’t anything going on there apart from remodelling the splash pad bit at the pool.
At last!
Old 28 Aug 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
akhurstf1
VIP Dibber

Are we all expecting a huge increase in dues this year because of the refurb?

We've been DVC members since 2016 and our home resort is SSR. We haven't yet stayed there but think we will wait until the refurb is finished before we do.

Thanks for all the updates and pictures