Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Aug 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

It opened at 7.30 I think when we were there the other week (we were at Aventura). This was it at 8.

Old 26 Aug 19, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
It opened at 7.30 I think when we were there the other week (we were at Aventura). This was it at 8.

That looks good. What day of the week was this?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

It is like that every day with early opening.

I was surprised as expected all the Universal hotel guests to turn up but most people seem to prefer a lie in or the extra hour at Universal Studios.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
That looks good. What day of the week was this?
Think it was Tuesday.

I wasn’t expecting that much from it but it’s brilliant, way better than the Disney water parks, although the theme parks are still some way off despite having cracking rides.

Edited at 08:49 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
jfk
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We went the last 2 Mondays and it's ruined Disney water parks for us as it's utterly brilliant. Both Mondays were quiet, we'd managed 8 rides by 11.30. The coaster and the drop slides were busy but the Tapu Tapu works brilliantly.
The fast lazy river is one of the best water park rides I've ever been on; it's an absolute blast.
We went to Typhoon Lagoon as well and whilst it's still a lovely park, it's some way behind Volcano Bay.
New York/Villa Highgrove Aug 15
Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando Aug 19
jfk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Think it was Tuesday.

I wasn’t expecting that much from it but it’s brilliant, way better than the Disney water parks, although the theme parks are still some way off despite having cracking rides.
Thanks for the info. I did VB December before last but didn't bother last year, but my son and his girlfriend did VB in September year before last and loved it (we were on holiday with them but didn't bother doing it). Definitely a good water park providing its not busy.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Why on earth would you want to be at a water park at 8 am.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mattyped View Post
Why on earth would you want to be at a water park at 8 am.
We are up most days in Florida by 5am, so doing a water park a couple or more hours after eating breakfast is fine for us. When we last went to VB we got there for opening and I got to ride all the best rides with no queues at all (straight off and back on).

If people wake up at a more normal time (like 7-8am), then it wouldn't be ideal going straight to a water after waking up (I wouldn't fancy it).
Old 26 Aug 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

We got here today by 8-30 - very little waits early on but some rides now showing (after 1-30) 60 min wait . My lot have done all the rides and we have spent quite a lot of time on fearless river which is fantastic. Not sure which park I prefer aquatica or here but I know the lazy river here beats aquatica one .
Old 28 Aug 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
nkotb4life
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

If you do get there later there are PLENTY of sunbeds if you keep walking towards back, we arrived around midday so settled for a chair as thought be all that was available but as we went round park noticed loads of empty loungers even got parasol once we moved our stuff!
nkotb4life is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List