Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 27 Apr 19, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
rummy63
VIP Dibber

It's A Long Way To Itinerary DAY 9 Zion

Day 9

We left Page that morning and headed for the Zion National Park.

Once again, we needed the park pass another 25 dollars saved.

This is a drive of curves, bends, difficulties, round, and round.

It was great Al did the driving and we sat back and enjoyed the scenery.

We drove from one entrance to the other and it was amazing.

The views were stunning the geology and the tunnel fascinating It took about 40 minutes and it was a fabulous ride.

Lunch was taken at Wild Cat Willies which was adjacent to the Bumbleberry Inn where we were staying.

The others all chose pulled pork of course it had BBQ on it the mere mention of BBQ put me off, so I had a chicken salad.

The others weren’t keen on the pulled pork.

They didn’t like BBQ in Big Johns so what made them think they would like it in Willies you can’t put sense where there is none

Mine was fine.

It was quarter to two and check in was 2.00pm.

There was nobody in reception Brenda was on guard. We enquired whether we could check in. Brenda peered over her glasses that were doing nothing to hide her follically abundant eyebrows and pointed at a notice and carried on crocheting.

Finally, at 2.00pm she started the check in.

Our Lily explained that she would be paying for the rooms even though the booking was in my name.

I gave her my name and was told to wait a moment as she could only deal with one booking at a time.

Hey up, the smoke wasn't quite reaching the top of this one's chimney, you need to know my name Brenda.

Obviously old school and not tech savvy she had a pile of booking forms on the desk and started to rifle through them.

I saw my booking and she had passed it.

I told her she had just passed it. She carried on rifling through her papers.

I told her again she had passed it.

That was only one booking she muttered.

I told her no it wasn’t because I could clearly see our Lily’s name on room 2 at the bottom of the form.

Nothing is quite so annoying as to have someone carry on talking when you are interrupting.

She then picked up the papers and went across to the phone and pressed a number nobody answered, and she left it ringing but it meant that she could go through the papers with her back to us.

Acting on as though she was the keeper of the country’s nuclear launch codes or something.

There was so much umming and arring I could only assume she had accidently sat on her crochet hook.

Eventually she found ours.

There are 45 miles of nerves in the skin of a human being and that Brenda got on every one of mine.

A receptionist once tried to test me I ate her liver with a tin of Heinz beans and washed it down with a bottle of Highland Spring.

Brenda was very lucky that our Lily was there, so I kept my cool.
Be still my pounding heart.

The rooms weren’t even ready.

We didn’t have connecting doors in fact we considered ourselves lucky to have a connecting floor one room was at one end of the corridor and the other room was at the opposite end.

There was a woman dressed in Mormon clothes cleaning our room and she had barely started on our Lily’s.

The lady was telling me she had two floors to do and everybody had checked out at the last minute 12.00pm.

A two hour turn around really wasn’t enough time. I felt sorry for her.

Our room only needed a quick vac round so I did it for her so that she could crack on with our Lily’s room.

I decided to set out for milk even though I am the only one who doesn’t have milk.

I walked up the high street it was all motels I spotted a garage across the road.

Yes, they sold milk I selected one of the big fat bottles haven’t a clue how much is in it and how much it normally costs. Roughly the size of our 4 pinters. It was $3.03

The first woman to be checked asked for cigarettes and then in a voice so husky it could have pulled a dog sled she told the server she was a local then a discount was applied to her bill.

The next lad bought cigarettes and they knew him so once again there were two prices rung up.

My turn came I proffered the milk but didn’t speak I was praying to the God of sarcasm.

Be still my pounding heart.

I needed to say something.

I sensed the cashier was embarrassed.

I handed her the money and then proffered my hand.

I put on my best Downton Abbey voice. “Perhaps you would enjoy a bite”

“Excuse me marm?

I’m not a local I’m from England and we have a saying for your two-tier pricing policy it’s called biting the hand that feeds you.

She did try to knock the 3 cents off, but I gave her ten cents and refused the change it wasn’t about the money it was a principal.

A vote was taken whether we would take a bus trip back to Zion or sit by the pool for the rest of the afternoon.

Sitting by the pool won.

For dinner, we went to Oscars it was busy because according to a couple of Aussies we were talking to it is very popular and I know why because the food was spot on.

The backdrop outside was spectacular the giant sandstone mountains of Zion.

The food was wonderful, and the bill came to $150 Inc. I would have paid double.

No, I dare not take a photo of the food because our Lily would have shoved the camera down my throat

A walk was needed after the meal and then we went back to play games.

Once again, the drinks and games were partaken in our room have I got stupid tattooed across my forehead.
rummy63 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Brenda sounds... a challenge.

Glad you had a good meal.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Smoosplace
Getting Excited

Mobile

What games do you play?
Smoosplace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another good day apart from Brenda!
Looks a great place and glad that you had a lovely meal at Oscars.
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Sounds like you had a great time .We stayed at the Bumbleberry Inn last year and had dinner at Oscars we loved it there such a quaint town. Zion has such beautiful scenery breathtaking.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Zion looks incredible and the view from your pool was spectacular. Nice that you finally had a great meal.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Nuclear launch codes!