Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 20 Aug 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
cpjw
Proud to wear my Ears

Managed to get through an entire stay without a single voicemail this year. Or so I thought...

When we were about to leave, I tried to ring bell services to collect our luggage and discovered that the phone wasn't plugged in

Of course once it was plugged in, I then had a load of messages to wade through just in case one was important
cpjw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Is there any way you can stop the yoga race fans calls
Also drives me mad

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
Is there any way you can stop the yoga race fans calls
Also drives me mad
Ali. Sadly I think not it's just sent to every room that's got Guests in.

Never seen more than 5 people participating. Waste of our Dues.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

We had the yoga call and the drawing class at $20 today for limited numbers, er no thanks! Think the red light is flashing again...

This is our 1st dvc trip, and we seem quite happy with our 1 bed villa. Loving the space after 3 nights together in other hotel rooms. Still getting our bearings but found the boat dock last night, so a quick trip to Disney Springs was lovely. 😃
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
red cuillen
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Already having second thoughts about ""downgrading"" to a Port Orleans room for 3 of us next year, space is definitely everything, despite the free qsdp!
red cuillen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 03:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
At 10.15pm tonight strolling back from Disney Springs the urge overwhelmed me!

I would say Block 1 is circa 2 weeks from completion the reason being that the Boys are everywhere. Working 24/7 hence the speedy progress. Lights on in most rooms and furniture in maybe 75% of them.

Braving the mozzies and the wet grass I nabbed these photos of a ground floor Studio.

So, nice modern bedside tables and lamps. Laminate throughout. Steel fridge not white. No more leather pouffe but a wooden box and although a poor photo the pull down bed that YT highlighted some months ago.

Gone is the god awful dark 1920's wood and associated awful pictures. Apart from the headboard looks lovely.

Edited at 03:40 AM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
At 10.15pm tonight strolling back from Disney Springs the urge overwhelmed me!

I would say Block 1 is circa 2 weeks from completion the reason being that the Boys are everywhere. Working 24/7 hence the speedy progress. Lights on in most rooms and furniture in maybe 75% of them.

Braving the mozzies and the wet grass I nabbed these photos of a ground floor Studio.

So, nice modern bedside tables and lamps. Laminate throughout. Steel fridge not white. No more leather pouffe but a wooden box and although a poor photo the pull down bed that YT highlighted some months ago.

Gone is the god awful dark 1920's wood and associated awful pictures. Apart from the headboard looks lovely.
Great work Tom.

Edit- did the studio look to have the under TV Murphy in? Is that a faux set of drawers under the TV or a Murphy? Looks like they may have only put the 5th sleep surface in the 1 beds as suspected? Going a different route here if that’s the case.

Edited at 08:21 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Well done Super Spy!

I'm loving the new lighter look.
Old 21 Aug 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for these Tom. Looking good. We have a preferred studio booked for April/May next year so hope we will be in congress park!
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Great work Tom.

Edit- did the studio look to have the under TV Murphy in? Is that a faux set of drawers under the TV or a Murphy? Looks like they may have only put the 5th sleep surface in the 1 beds as suspected? Going a different route here if that’s the case.
YT. It was difficult to see but I would say no 5th bed from the quick look I had. I couldn't get to see the far right where the drawers are as the drape was hiding it.

I will be doing some more digging around in the coming days.

The block was lit up like Blackpool illuminations and as per picture 1 even the TVs were on!

The work crew must be on good loot. Their private pick ups are nice. Plus they seem to be really professional not the half baked Guys you see doing some construction jobs.

There is a constant stream of wagons arriving with furniture, white goods and other such stuff. The coordination of that is very good.

As an aside for those who are concerned about noise. Yes there is some but it's nothing excessive and certainly nothing after 6.00pm

Edit. I'm 99% certain the chest and table tops are granite. Makes sense and saves marks and other damage. Also so easy to replace if broken

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 11:29 AM.