Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 1 Jun 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Joosebug1987 View Post
Oh my god! Plus tip expected on top of course! Thats madness. My personal worst drink surprise was 2 cans of sugar free redbull with no glasses or ice etc and we weren't seated and it was $20! Shocking x
I did complain but it got me nowhere. Apparently I should have magically known the glasses they provided were ‘large’ (they weren’t) and more than the price on the menu. Not that a large beer was mentioned on that menu - it just said beer at 8/9 dollars. I did tip because not the servers fault but I was cross!

Your red bull beats mine though!
Old 10 Jul 19, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
lallan
Apprentice Imagineer

lallan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Hiya, I’ve just read your trippie from start to finish and really enjoyed it so thanks for posting!

Getting me so excited to go to Vegas for the first time at the weekend! Our trip will be a little bit different to yours though as we have the 3 kids in tow! But i’ve taken down some fab tips from you...i’m definitely getting me some of that white pizza! Oh and we’re also staying in Jubilee luxury rooms in Bally’s so pleased you were happy with your stay there.

I’ve enjoyed doing an Orlando trip report before so might give a vegas one a bash. It would certainly help to fill up some journey time on the flight home!

Hope you’re feet are well and truly healed up! And happy planning for your Florida trip in September xx
Old 10 Jul 19, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by lallan View Post
Hiya, I’ve just read your trippie from start to finish and really enjoyed it so thanks for posting!

Getting me so excited to go to Vegas for the first time at the weekend! Our trip will be a little bit different to yours though as we have the 3 kids in tow! But i’ve taken down some fab tips from you...i’m definitely getting me some of that white pizza! Oh and we’re also staying in Jubilee luxury rooms in Bally’s so pleased you were happy with your stay there.

I’ve enjoyed doing an Orlando trip report before so might give a vegas one a bash. It would certainly help to fill up some journey time on the flight home!

Hope you’re feet are well and truly healed up! And happy planning for your Florida trip in September xx
Thank you for reading along :-) enjoyed writing it. If you do a Vegas trippie give me a nudge as I do love a Vegas trippie and not many about!

Hope you have a fantastic time. If going with kids I highly recommend Mac King at Harrahs - afternoon magic show thats good for families but not just kiddie so think you'll all love it. So fun and you can get a voucher at total rewards counter for a free ticket when you buy a drink - well worth it :-) Report back on white pizza - hope it exceeds expectations! If you want to ask anything feel free. Enjoy! x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 04:26 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

So enjoyed your trippie. Loved how funny and honest you were.So hope your feet are all better now. Won’t be long for your Florida trip and will look out for your trip report. Thank you for making me laugh and keeping me entertained. Really enjoyed it, and feel as if I have just had a fun week in Vegas. Thank you x
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
So enjoyed your trippie. Loved how funny and honest you were.So hope your feet are all better now. Won’t be long for your Florida trip and will look out for your trip report. Thank you for making me laugh and keeping me entertained. Really enjoyed it, and feel as if I have just had a fun week in Vegas. Thank you x
Ahh thank you :-) glad you've enjoyed it. Really enjoyed writing it too (minus how long it takes to add photos lol!). I will definitely be doing a Florida trippie - lets hope minus feet issues though! Thanks again for reading along xx
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Will look forward to your Florida trippie Hope you get some advice maybe from your GP, before you go, to see how best to treat your feet if it happens again. Have a wonderful Florida holiday
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
80skid
Very Serious Dibber

hi, I've just sat and read your trippy ahead of our Vegas/New York honeymoon in December,

it was so informative, thank you very much!

I was in 2 minds about the secret garden but it looks really good. Do you have to pay for entry?

Also as a 1st time Cirque experience which one would you recommend?

and finally how do you find the groupon for Vegas as I looked yesterday and couldn't find it!

thank you x
80skid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 80skid View Post
hi, I've just sat and read your trippy ahead of our Vegas/New York honeymoon in December,

it was so informative, thank you very much!

I was in 2 minds about the secret garden but it looks really good. Do you have to pay for entry?

Also as a 1st time Cirque experience which one would you recommend?

and finally how do you find the groupon for Vegas as I looked yesterday and couldn't find it!

thank you x
Sorry and hope OP doesn’t mind me answering this. With reference to Secret Garden. Mirage is closing anytime after August this year to be reopened as Hard Rock, so maybe it won’t be there anymore? We have used groupon and can see Vegas on groupon.com. Is that where you are looking? Or is it a particular one. This trippie is from 2019 so they may have stopped doing the particular one you are asking about.
Old 13 May 22, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
80skid
Very Serious Dibber

Thays such a shame, I thought I had read somewhere that secret garden might be closing, it's a shame because seeing the white tigers in Vegas seems iconic.

I hope all the animals go somewhere good and not to private collectors.

No I just meant where could I see groupon offers for vegas in general, I will have another look, thank you x
80skid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 80skid View Post
Thays such a shame, I thought I had read somewhere that secret garden might be closing, it's a shame because seeing the white tigers in Vegas seems iconic.

I hope all the animals go somewhere good and not to private collectors.

No I just meant where could I see groupon offers for vegas in general, I will have another look, thank you x
Yes I loved seeing the tigers. I love Mirage and hope when it reopens is still has the same Mirage vibe. We have used a number of groupons. Mainly for burger places. It’s a while since I read this trippie so can’t remember which ones are used. Happy planning.